Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
16,498 Posts
I got a Tracker 570 from Basspro. Its a re-branded Arctic cat actually. Its Black and I removed all the stupid safety stickers that were Everywhere! Thing was covered with safety stickers.

·
P I K E
10,072 Posts
I got a Tracker 570 from Basspro. Its a re-branded Arctic cat actually. Its Black and I removed all the stupid safety stickers that were Everywhere! Thing was covered with safety stickers.
Right on bud! We got the 700 in black. I put a trunk and back seat on it for the wife to ride...since of coarse it was her idea to buy it!!! :sneaky:(y)

·
P I K E
10,072 Posts
I figure if we find someplace we can't ride double we'll say screw it and grab the Jeep!

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Got my second rod/reel combo yesterday. It was kinda like Christmas again with the snow falling... I broke my old St Croix Legend Elite and needed another jerkbait rod. These Shimano Expride remind me a little bit of the early 2000 Avids. Slim blanks and slim handles. This 7' medium fast should be a good jerkbait rod. I'm really digging these rods at $200-210 on sale. I thought about getting another Elite, but the cheapest I could find were rep samples for $336. There isn't $126 worth of extra refinement in the Elite, in my opinion.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
My son is getting stationed out here at Peterson AFB if the DoD lifts their no move order, so I am building a house for him. However, if he doesn't make it out here any time soon, I will be screwed because there will be no rent money coming in and I'm not renting it out for free. This Covid-19 is making me rethink the house and give up my earnest money. Luckily, still employed with a big DoD contractor but not working from home.

On the fishing front, I was looking at getting one of those Shimano digital control baitcaster reels because I'm a birdnester extraordinaire!

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
My son is getting stationed out here at Peterson AFB if the DoD lifts their no move order, so I am building a house for him. However, if he doesn't make it out here any time soon, I will be screwed because there will be no rent money coming in and I'm not renting it out for free. This Covid-19 is making me rethink the house and give up my earnest money. Luckily, still employed with a big DoD contractor but not working from home.
Good luck with the second home.

On the fishing front, I was looking at getting one of those Shimano digital control baitcaster reels because I'm a birdnester extraordinaire!
I am in the same camp, and have been thinking about one of those too, but I don't use the baitcaster often enough to make the upgrade worthwhile.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #32 (Edited)
I went grocery shopping with my grand nephew on Sunday. Got into some crappies and a catfish. I would argue that that outdoor marketplace was much safer than Walmart or Costco. 😄

I also tried the new stainless steel propeller. I was getting 42 mph by myself at 5600 rpm with a 14.5 x 19" aluminum prop last year. Best run was 44 with the new 14.75 by 17" prop at 5,800 rpm (max rpm is 6,000 for the 4 stroke Pro XS). The most significant improvement was that the new prop does not lose grip at high rpm like the old one.

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
Nice rod and reel AO!

I upgraded the stainless yamaha props on my big boat to powertech's with soft hubs. I hope to reduce chatter at trolling speeds.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I upgraded the stainless yamaha props on my big boat to powertech's with soft hubs. I hope to reduce chatter at trolling speeds.
I just looked up Powertech props. The selection seems good. I don't know much about props. I went cheap (Solas Titan HR). There are props out there for more than twice what I paid. It turned out OK for me. I got a little more top end speed and grip. I didn't have issues with the propeller slipping with my previous boats. I think it's the Lund hull design. They are made to ride high, which means the propeller is not submerged as deep. At high rpm, I could trim the motor up much without having the propeller slip. I think prop savants call that "ventilation."

·
Registered
16,498 Posts
I put a Mercury vengeance stainless prop on my Tracker 4 years ago. Made a big diff in hole shot and drivability. Plus it doesn't break evrytime you touch a little sandbar or rock! :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Those Vengeance props are starting to get pricey, but cheaper than the Tempest or Fury. I'm satisfied with the prop I got. But what if I could have got an extra mile or two if I had paid more than twice as much? 😄

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
I got that prop online for like $265. I think.
That's a sweet deal! Paid $267 for mine

I had a "multi-species" day last night, which means, it was not a big fish day and not a numbers day. 😄 Ergo the emphasis is put on multi-species... Oh, I even threw in a screen shot with a map in one of the pics. Have at it. 😄

PS: the MRT didn't make it. I had no intention of keeping it, but it went crazy once it landed on the deck... I had to hold it a bit more firmly than normal to get the hooks out... 😄

Attachments

21 - 40 of 68 Posts