Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

41 - 60 of 68 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #42
Good job! I been replacing windows, trim, and siding on my place all week. Brutal!
My retired brother does house/yard improvement almost year-round. It's not brutal if you (learn to) enjoy it. 馃槃 I'd rather go to work than mess with with that stuff.

Registered
I got the 4 blade Off Shore props - yikes $480 each!!! I also picked up a slightly used Honda Pioneer 500 for my birthday. I will use it as a sporting clays cart, off road camping/touring vehicle, and an elk retrieval machine. It's 50" wide so it's trail legal and I can use take it off road to retrieve big game if I happen to get one. Then last weekend my Minn Kota Terrova on my Crestliner gave up the ghost, water intrusion, it was 9 years old, I ordered a replacement. All that combined with the new rods/reels, I feel like I am single handedly trying to head off an economic recession.

Registered
I think I got you beat by a little bit on single handedly trying to head off an economic recession tal0362. I ordered a 2020 Alumacraft Competitor Sport with flip-over bench seat 7 weeks ago. While waiting for the boat I pick-up a Minn Kota Power-Drive 70 with IPilot, Minn Kota quick release mounting bracket, Helix 7 G2 DI Fish Finder, Pro-Sport 20 batteries charger. On top of that, I got conned by AO into buying an NRX rod, Shimano Stradic 4 Spinning Reel because of the 30% discount that he passed on to me lol. BTW, this is no mean showing off, just economy stimulus competition:).

Registered
Discussion Starter #46
I got the 4 blade Off Shore props - yikes $480 each!!! I also picked up a slightly used Honda Pioneer 500 for my birthday. I will use it as a sporting clays cart, off road camping/touring vehicle, and an elk retrieval machine. It's 50" wide so it's trail legal and I can use take it off road to retrieve big game if I happen to get one. Then last weekend my Minn Kota Terrova on my Crestliner gave up the ghost, water intrusion, it was 9 years old, I ordered a replacement. All that combined with the new rods/reels, I feel like I am single handedly trying to head off an economic recession.
Stimulate that economy! That's what I have been telling my friends! 馃槃 You'll enjoy that new Terrova. The new models are much better at spot lock than the older ones.

Registered
Discussion Starter #47
I think I got you beat by a little bit on single handedly trying to head off an economic recession tal0362. I ordered a 2020 Alumacraft Competitor Sport with flip-over bench seat 7 weeks ago. While waiting for the boat I pick-up a Minn Kota Power-Drive 70 with IPilot, Minn Kota quick release mounting bracket, Helix 7 G2 DI Fish Finder, Pro-Sport 20 batteries charger. On top of that, I got conned by AO into buying an NRX rod, Shimano Stradic 4 Spinning Reel because of the 30% discount that he passed on to me lol. BTW, this is no mean showing off, just economy stimulus competition:).
It's about time you show your patriotism and help the economy. (y) 馃槃

Registered
Discussion Starter #49
LTF, Shoulda got the Terrova!
I told him the Power Drive is a pain in the ass to deploy compared to the Terrova. But, although he has an extra 11 years on me, he is fitter and more nimble than me. 馃槃

Registered
My 2020 upgrade is in electronics. I sold my Merc 15 HP to a member here and used the proceeds to buy a Helix 10 Mega/SI/DI for the console of the Lund. I'm going to move my Helix 9 to the bow of the boat and put the DI transducer on the trolling motor. My wish is to find a really good electronics tech or shop to help me. I can do manual labor, but I really am over my head with power related issues and don't always know what I don't know. . . Any suggestions for a solid hand that can help me?

Registered
Discussion Starter #52 (Edited)
The new Power Drive has the quick deploy and stow system my friends
:).
I dunno, it still has that latch in the front. As I recall, it was 3 limb operation: foot/knee for the lever at the back, 1 hand for the latch in the front, 1 hand to push the shaft out. I am no longer strong enough (to push the motor out with 1 hand), and not nimble enough to simultaneously press the lever in the back and deal with the latch in front. Getting old sucks... 馃槃

Registered
Discussion Starter #53
My 2020 upgrade is in electronics. I sold my Merc 15 HP to a member here and used the proceeds to buy a Helix 10 Mega/SI/DI for the console of the Lund. I'm going to move my Helix 9 to the bow of the boat and put the DI transducer on the trolling motor. My wish is to find a really good electronics tech or shop to help me. I can do manual labor, but I really am over my head with power related issues and don't always know what I don't know. . . Any suggestions for a solid hand that can help me?
I am sure a good boat shop can help you, but I don't have a referral. My plan is to get a 12" screen for the console next year, sell the 7" screen, then move the 9" screen to the front.

Registered
Discussion Starter #55
Easy to use.
Different story when you are inside the boat with most of the shaft past the pivot point and the trolling motor in the water... I'd rather have both hands available to pull the trolling motor up/away, instead of having to use 1 hand for the latch. Your trolling motor, your money...

Registered
Oh, and AO supplied me with that 30% off as well. I also got an NRX with Exsence reel, a bunch of Stradics, Expride and Zodias (xmas), two heavy Dobins for big lake trout jigs, a Curado DC....

Registered
Discussion Starter #59
Oh, and AO supplied me with that 30% off as well. I also got an NRX with Exsence reel, a bunch of Stradics, Expride and Zodias (xmas), two heavy Dobins for big lake trout jigs, a Curado DC....
Not to be outdone. That's the spirit! (y) That's enough fancy gear for a lifetime for most of us. 馃槃

41 - 60 of 68 Posts