Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just read on Walleye Central that someone caught a 21 lb Walleye at Seminole this weekend? If true? It would shatter the Wyoming record and I think that is only about a pound off the world record.

Hope it isn't internet garbage?

D

·
0 Posts
Call me skeptical, but.....

A 21 lb 'eye in July?? Months after the big gals dropped all their eggs? I'm betting more internet garbage.

T

·
0 Posts
maybe EyeGuy caught it before the leaves were out and temps too warm ???
old, tired and worn out, but still funny!

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
you know if eyeguy is here i hope he says hi and says yes its funny too

and understands that his little lie will always be a joke with us

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You know if any lake in the Rocky Mountain region could produce a fish like that, it might be Seminole! Big, deep, cold and lots of nice stocker rainbows to feed on! If Standly can produce an 18 lber than almost anything is possible?

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Jiggy said:
Hey what is the joke?
The joke is related to radioactive waste in lakes near Rocky Flats such as Stanley Lake and Great Western Reservoir. You can google "Stanley Lake" and "contamination" to read more...

D

·
0 Posts
Hey Neal-

Were you ever able to verify whether this was fact or fiction, or something in between?

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
I'd be curious to know if this was true, wonder how we'd find out? I've heard there's some big boys in there. Once again, "eyeguys" legacy lives on!

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No other information has been posted about it on Walleye Central. I am sure if it were true there would be alot of buzz about it on WC.

D

·
0 Posts
Neal/CO said:
No other information has been posted about it on Walleye Central. I am sure if it were true there would be alot of buzz about it on WC.
Neal- think back about 4 or so years to the second WC Get-together and consider the source of the rumor.....

Dude had more store bought patches on his shirt than space to sew them.....

E

·
0 Posts
dkooser said:
Neal/CO said:
Neal- think back about 4 or so years to the second WC Get-together and consider the source of the rumor.....

I remember. :D

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
dkooser said:
Neal/CO said:

Dave,

According to the post, it says he is only registered since March of this year:

http://www.walleyecentral.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=72988&mesg_id=72988&page=

so, he left and came back?!?

Mike

·
Registered
85 Posts
I asked around

I talked to some friends in Cheyenne ( I just moved to CO from WY)
and thay said it is true. all the fish heads there are talking about it ...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts