Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Took the boy out after he got home from school today (I had the day off... why not go fishing twice?)

We tried the same rig I had been using earlier, but with no luck in 20 casts... so, we downsized to a 1/8oz jighead and a 2" Mister Twister.

3 casts later, hooked into probably the most perfect specimen of a bluegill I've ever seen in person. It wasn't the biggest I've ever caught, but it was absolutely perfect... You'll see what I mean in the first picture.

The pic of the length is misleading, as the rod is sitting above the fish, so it makes the fish look smaller than the length. This fish was 10 inches and a hair above.

Good freakin' day today...

·
Registered
991 Posts
That is one of the pretties bluegill I've ever seen!

·
P I K E
10,112 Posts
WoW!!!! Great job guys, beautiful Blue!!!

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks fellas!!! We had a good time. That first pic is my favorite fish pic I have ever taken... Just a pristine fish, not a blemish on it... 2D pics often cannot convey the thickness of the beast, and this one was a good 3" wide... Just a heft of panfish-y mass.

And yea, I think this was actually in fact a product of a crossbreed between a JM Res gill and an American bulldog...

:) 60-65 degrees outside, 61 degree water temp... These pannies will soon be eating MORE and eating EVERYTHING. Those will be awesome times, if these weren't awesome enough.

Thanks again for viewing. ;)

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Pretty gill for sure!

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It is funny out here... Very few rules on fishing. If I want to use a 6" LMB as bait, I can. If I want to have 50 rods in the water with live gills on each rod, I can. If I want to chum an entire area and use a white bass as bait, no prob.

But if I want to keep a trout for the dinner table, I have to pay an extra $25 for my fishing license.

:)

That gill may be a state record someday... We'll catch him in 2-3 years and see where he's at.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts