Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I only got three strikes yesterday afternoon and evening, but they were worth waiting for! My shallow grass and wood pattern that has been so good to me recently, got me a sunburn and sore back:D

I move over to a deeper rocky area when it got dark and immediately got a 12.5 lb wiper on a 1 oz Trap ripped jigged under the surface. Then Kelly hooked a beast on a 6 inch swimbait that snapped 15 lb floro like it was sewing thread:( Two hours later I hooked my PB wiper of 14 lbs on a 6 inch swimbait. Ten minutes later I hooked another one that went east in a big hurry, never to be seen again:eek: Kelly ended the evening with an 8 lber.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Dude you are killin it!

NICE!!

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Nice fish Neal!!! Hope you didn't borrow that lost swimbait from Tony...lol!

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice fish Neal!!! Hope you didn't borrow that lost swimbait from Tony...lol!
It is an expensive technique to learn! Really hurts to lose them
:eek: But I am starting to get the hang of what they can and can't do! Awesome new weapon to add to the rotation. I am about to start Pike fishing soon and I can't wait to use them on Pike!!!!!

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
It is an expensive technique to learn! Really hurts to lose them
:eek: But I am starting to get the hang of what they can and can't do! Awesome new weapon to add to the rotation. I am about to start Pike fishing soon and I can't wait to use them on Pike!!!!!
BBZ-1? Ill have my swimbait rig by fall walleye season. Looks like I need to get that a little sooner than I was planning...lol!

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
BBZ-1? Ill have my swimbait rig by fall walleye season. Looks like I need to get that a little sooner than I was planning...lol!
I have been buying a lot of real soft plastic swimbaits and rigging them weedless. Owner Beast 6/0, 8/0 and 10/0 weight and non-weighted. Goto Tackle Warehouse and click on swimbaits. I really like the All American Trash Fish!

·
Registered
4,729 Posts
Will you stop all-ready Neal!

You're making the rest of us look bad, well at least me.

Seriously, way to go, great wipers !!

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Dude you are dialed in down there!
It has been a great spring no doubt. I took a leave of absence from work to take care of some family business in NC and just recharge myself. There is no better medicine than fishing a lot:cool:

I have half a dozen Hudd 68s arriving tomorrow. Hopefully George is going to teach me how to fish them, lol.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts