Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2wt tfo fly rod with an orvis bbs reel and I was wondering what type of fly line you guys would recommend. First, would I be better off with Weight Forward or Double Tapered, and second just what brand and model of line would be good that is made in a 2wt.
Thanks

·
Registered
11,844 Posts
which rod? If it is a faster action then the answer would be different than a slower action... My favorite small rod line (not for real fast rods) is Sages Quiet double taper. Such a nice soft line...

·
Registered
883 Posts
Oyey said:
which rod? If it is a faster action then the answer would be different than a slower action... My favorite small rod line (not for real fast rods) is Sages Quiet double taper. Such a nice soft line...
X2. I just put one of these on my 3wt and it is sweet.

·
Registered
11,844 Posts
SAGETROUT said:
just a FYI Sage lines are made by RIO
Right, But they are different tapers... Rio does not make a Rio line that has the same taper as the sage quite double taper...

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
sndmn11 said:
I have the tfo 8' 2wt and have used wf3wt sharskin and wf3wt rio gold with better success than a 2wt line.
I was told on here that I severely over-loaded my 2wt with 3wt line. Worried me.
In hind-sight, I dont think I wouldve been happy with 2wt line....but I dont really have a basis for comparison..just a hunch.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have a 6 1/2 ft. 2wt. St. Croix Legend, very soft rod, using the Sage DT. Have had a ball on high country streams with it, and can get out about 30 feet of line handily for small panfish in warm water.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts