Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished 11 Mile with my wife this weekend. Saturday at Goose Island and Sunday around Deer Island by the exposed Rocks. Over the 2 days we landed 10 Rainbows and 1 Brown My wife caught the biggest Bow (Just Under 22") most of them were fat 17-19 inchers. Anyway back to the lures. We spent most of our time site fishing over 10-15 feet of water. It's fascinating to watch the fish respond to the lures. I fished with a red Paddlebug and a pink Berkely Sparkle Tube. My wife was using a pink Paddlebug and an orange Ratso. All were tipped with a mealwrom. Almost every fish we saw took a swipe at one of the lures. Some of the strikes were incredibly aggressive when compared to years past. Saturday a 10lb plus brown swam directly under my ice hole about 6 inches under the ice. So far this year at 11 Mile all of our fish have come on Paddlebugs, Ratso's, Berkley Sparkle Jigs. (I know why they call them sparkle jigs, It because after your done tying them all of the sparkles are on your hands) and a Genz worm.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I agree and based on my recent scientific investigation at 11 Mile (today, Tuesday, 12/20) here is how I rank them:

Ratsos

Paddlebugs

Sparkle jigs

You have to be careful when removing Ratsos fromthe fish's mouth as the plastic is very,very soft and tears easily.

Mr. Fly Chucker, I am sad to report that my experience near Goose Island was very different than yours. We iced two at first light and then departed the fix around 10 o clock for better prospects.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts