Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, if a person (me for example) were to bring say 3 lures to 11-mile on the 17th what would be my choices? What color, size etc................

Dan

T

·
0 Posts
1. a kastmaster - pick your color and size
2. lazer jig or marabou jig - pick your color and size
3. 1" - 3" tube jig - crawdad, or smokefleck

4. a vexilar
5. waxworms
6. a sense of humor when 11 mile spanks you

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
tekneek said:
6. a sense of humor when 11 mile spanks you
I already have a technique for this... I'm sneak up and drill my hole right behind slayer and as he is reeling in his fish im snag them and pull them out my hole.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Fished 11 Mile on Saturday. Big trout everywhere!! If I only had 3 lures to use there..(as a matter of fact I only used 3 lures on Saturday..) I would take
1. Genz worm
2. Paddlebug
3.Ratso

Good Luck we saw more large trout 20-24 on Saturday then I have ever seen at 11 mile...

FC

·
Registered
16,566 Posts
We used kastys,lazers,ratsos to catch our fish.The ratsos were tipped with a waxworm and everything else was tipped with a tiny piece of crawler.Theres a better than even chance that the flavor of the day will be different on dec.17th. ;D I had non-stop action from 7am till noon. Noon till 230 was pretty slow.

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
Rod set up has a much to do with success as the right jig. Use 4lb or flouro 6lb. those are some smart trout and I believe they are really line shy. It seemed last time it was color and not so much the jig. As soon as mike(Slayer) started getting hits I switched to jigs that had similiar colors and started to get hits. One really important piece of equipment are rod savers, only had one with me that day the other three are some where in the garage but three times I grab my rod going in the hole and Slayer plunged his hand in one time to save my rod.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
I usually have one rod deadsticked with a 1" Chartruese Power tube and meal worm. Then with the second rod I jig a 1/8 oz Blue/Silver Kastmaster. Sometimes I use a orange/yellow tube. If I am out over the channel looking for Kokes I might use a Pink/white tube.

Sure wish I didn't have to work this Saturday :mad: It would of been fun to meet everyone!

·
Registered
509 Posts
small mini tube jigs. I prefer chartreuse tail and black head, tipped with a meal worm with the end half pinched off to release more scent. If things are slow, I will use the tube jig on the bottom 2 inches up and a small green jig with another mealie about 14 inches above the tube jig. Been fishin 11 mi for years, this is what always puts fish on the ice for me. :eek:

·
Registered
38 Posts
I just come home from 11 mile after 2 days fishing.   Caught a lot of nice bows.   We were using Kastmasters, Tube Minnows (brown) and just a small hook with a small split shot about 2' above it.  We would put 2 meal worms on the bare hook.   I have to work the 17th so you guys have fun.   

Dave

p.s.   You might try sucker cove and the chair.   Saw some 24"ers come out of sucker cove.    Mine were 19 to 22"ers.

·
Registered
935 Posts
From my informal pole at the lake, seems like glow jig heads were a common denominator among the fish caught. People were catching fish on rat finkys, ratso, small tubes, for the most part. Waxworms, mealworms, and crawlers for bait. I tried all of this and more to no avail.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
i followed the advice for lazer jigs and paddle bugs...pink w/white produced our two fish in both jig types.

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Cutthroat said:
From my informal pole at the lake, seems like glow jig heads were a common denominator among the fish caught. People were catching fish on rat finkys, ratso, small tubes, for the most part. Waxworms, mealworms, and crawlers for bait. I tried all of this and more to no avail.
Thanks for sharing the information with me while at the lake!

I bet it was my punishment for not believeing how fast you could cut a hole..... ;D

Dan

·
Registered
862 Posts
Did ya end up catching anything sat Dan?? i tried kastys tube jugs of all different sizes,rat finkys with wax worms and also tried meal worms,different color jigs tip with a peice of worm, green and red powerbait count was 0 for me sat...

·
Registered
943 Posts
i should have brought the dynamite with me. i tried kastys,lazer jigs, ratfinkys,and everything in the box. i think that i am done with that lake. i will stay with thel akes i can catch fish in. ???

·
Registered
935 Posts
I thought the same thing until I saw Trout ice that big fat rainbow. I think Elevenmile pissed me off enough to try again until I succeed. Just don't know when I'll have the time.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts