Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...and then nothing for the next 30 casts. Funny how that works.

Anyway, was fishing a 2 jig rig, a big gnarly 4" white curlytail Mister Twister in front, a smaller, less assuming jig trailing behind. All fish hit the big white.

Nice day, though it was a bit windy.

Biggest fish was right under 17", the other 2 were closer to 14.

No monsters, but not bad for 10 minutes on the bank.

All fish released.

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
17 is a nice respectable fish, way to go Opry!

Make sure your moving around, up and down that bank, trying new spots as you go.

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's my prized Eagle Claw 6' featherweight. :) love that rod.

Thanks for the replies guys... All 3 fish put up excellent fights... The big one jumped out of the water 3 times near the shore trying to throw the hook... It was a firm set though, no chance. ;)

·
P I K E
10,116 Posts
^^^this!!! This wouldn't go in another thread since it's not the Laker Blues so I'll post it here for you!!! :thumb: :biggrin1:

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:) Cats are a'comin' boys and pikesters.... Just make sure to have your rubber undies on here in a month or so. :)

·
P I K E
10,116 Posts
LOL!!! At a lot of our ages that's all we wear!!!! :eek:

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
:) Cats are a'comin' boys and pikesters.... Just make sure to have your rubber undies on here in a month or so. :)
Bwahaha! Show me some giant stripers and I might need some rubber undies. Cats, not so much. But bring them on! And good luck.

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am scheduled for the next 28 days straight at work... :) otherwise I would be out there sooner.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts