Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Was planning on staying out in Grand Lake Sat/Sun. I've made some calls and left voicemails but having a really tough time finding any ice conditions for this area. Sounds like Shadow was capped then was back to open water last week. It's been pretty cold lately. Hoping for thick enough ice to set up an ice tent with a friend of mine who's never been. If it's not safe out there yet, I'm willing to drive another hour or two. Preferably somewhere somewhat close to a hotel. Thanks!

·
Registered
4,780 Posts
I heard 2-4 inches on Granby today.

I’d be super careful and take a spud bar or better yet wait till AFTER Christmas.

We had a member on here go thru at WindTero earlier this year and he said it was less than pleasant .

No fish is worth your life, but that’s the conditions I heard today .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you sir! Yeah I saw AJs post, crazy stuff. 2-4 doesn't sound good enough for me! Would rather go somewhere else where the ice is 4+. I'm thinking eleven mile will be plenty frozen?

·
Registered
4,780 Posts
Update on Granby from a better source who says only bays have ice, mostly still open. WF has 2-4 inches and sketchy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was at sucker cove at Eleven Mile on Sun. Was a mostly slow day, but the ice was super good at about 8-9 in. Pulled a really heavy fish out of the ice and broke the line which sent him right back through the hole lol. Didn't get to see what it was but my friend said it had a lot of pink :(((. I thought it looked too fat to be a trout but I was mostly looking at the brand new fish finder I bought and was testing out instead of the fish. Wanted to see what the fish looked like on the way up on my sonar hahaha

·
Registered
218 Posts
I don’t even try to ice fish Lake Granby until January. It always takes the longest...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts