Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished three new waters today with Buck and my Uncle Lance. Twin Lakes Park, Webster Lake, and another small pond.

Caught **** All.

Good day though---pretty weather, good company, and some good fun.

One amazing thing happened today though... My son somehow taught himself to cast an open-faced reel out of nowhere. He snapped off his bell-caster and was waiting while I re-rigged him... He picked up one of my UL combos and freakin' threw it... I mean, he pegged it. Much farther than he was casting his bell-caster.

After a spell, I took off the hook and splitshot and put a big ass Rapala jerk bait on the line for him. He had a blast tossing that thing out and giving it some action. By the end of the trip, he was really giving it hell.

Even though we caught the skunk, Buck learned something today that was worth more than small panfish and bass. Another proud moment and a great stepping-stone.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Right on man.:thumb:..Great practice for next time out there!

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BTW, when we got home, Buck begged me to teach him a fisherman's knot.

He can't quite tie his shoes yet consistently, so I taught him a triple overhand.

This is his first "fisherman's knot". Pretty cool...

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dude, not a nibble... Between the three of us, we had 5 lines in the water and we fished the north side, the "pool" area, the west side near the dock, and the south side off the pavillion. Nothing. Other anglers there were skunking out too.

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Going back out tonight and going to revisit one of these ponds. Lets hope the evening bite is better than the noon one.

·
Registered
7,407 Posts

Just look for the most logical place for a truck to back up to the water, open up a hose, and dump a million trout for your catching pleasure, and cast there.

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
Can't believe you skunked at Webster that place is pretty easy to catch fish should have been stocked a few times by now
*catch stockers

You can't buy a bite from the perch or catfish in there.

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
dude, not a nibble... Between the three of us, we had 5 lines in the water and we fished the north side, the "pool" area, the west side near the dock, and the south side off the pavillion. Nothing. Other anglers there were skunking out too.
The "pool" area is or used to be a fish habitat area where fishing is prohibited. Maybe ducky can verify for you... Just a heads up. I don't know if they enforce the rule but I don't want you to get popped by a dickhead revenue hungering northglenn cop.

But yeah, Brian is right... The lake is full of stockers right now.... Pretty smart of them to dump in a couple thousand hungry slimers right when the bass are bedding down to spawn. Hopefully you and everyone else can get as many limits of the trout as you can before they all go belly up in a month from the warm water.

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
There were 3 teenage kids fishing it when we got there and I didn't see any signs posted...

But I won't fish Webster again anyway. There are one or two others up in that area I'd like to try out if I get the chance. I've only got 6 more days til we **** off though.

:)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts