Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this has got to be one of the best trips i have ever had, espically at a local lake, i have never caught an eye in colorado and today i changed that...... we got to the gate at 7 ready for action, knowing the snow was on top of the lake i knew walley were to be found.... met JBOB at the dam (nice to meet u) and headed out to the special spot (thanks u know who). set up in 38 FOW and i saw one come in on the finder and he was there for over 30 seconds, i think he was debating if he wanted the fathead..... he finally nailed it and i landed him.... first walley ever!! i was so happy. action was kinda slow again between bites but then again, saw him come up off the bottom and i nailed another one on my kasty with waxies, i was jiggin the ___ out of it. to my suprise i got it to the hole thinkin it was a bow and it was another eye.....one was 17inch and the other was 15 inch, then i get the kasty back down there and got hit again, after missin him 3 times on the 4th set it burried the hook, thought it was a slimer till it came to the hole and its one big ol perch.... the action died off there so we moved to 25 FOW and got bows. dad got broke off twice couple feet below this ice somehow..... he did manage a nice fat bow though.

ice was 7-8 in both spots we fished, open water out in the middle. and 10,000 geese as well.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks for the lesson in pulling the walleyes this morning Grumpie, it was nice meeting you and your dad. I managed to hook into 4 trout after we separated so the day wasn't a total loss.

·
Banned
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
JBob said:
Thanks for the lesson in pulling the walleyes this morning Grumpie, it was nice meeting you and your dad.  I managed to hook into 4 trout after we separated so the day wasn't a total loss.
ya, ive learned alot from reading solesearchers reports throughout the summer and other members and finally got one, granted its not 20 but its my first so im happy, ya we saw u in the hut in the back of the cove back there as we were leaving, glad u got into some action. i like that showdown, that thing is sweet  ;D  u get any pics?

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Patrick, don't you ever work!?! ;D :eek: >:D That's cool. I haven't caught a walleye since I lived in Michigan. Also perch, good eating there. Does Aurora got a size limit on eyes? I'll reply to the PM's you sent. Jeff

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
18" for eyes. They generally hold up to the title here today, gone tomorrow. The perch are big but not plentiful.

Good job Grumpie, looks like a good day and thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Thanks Slayer. Now go on the Lake X Asian Invasian thread and call those people out and tell the rest of us what lake that is. ;)

·
Registered
16,527 Posts
kevin21 said:
Thanks Slayer. Now go on the Lake X Asian Invasian thread and call those people out and tell the rest of us what lake that is. ;)
I know all the lakes cause Ive been to them all. If they want to tell you they will-

1 - 20 of 32 Posts