Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went fishing at Stanley Lake this morning since the weather was really nice. Tried live minnows under a bobber and dunking worms. The first fish was a 5 pounds carp, second was a 14 inches rainbow, and the third one was a 14 inches sucker. Got a another good hit later but I missed it. Saw two other guys drifted worms and salmon egg that caught four nice rainbows between them. The water was pretty low and still too cold for other species to get active.

lovetofish

·
Registered
943 Posts
nice i'll bet the carp fought good

·
Registered
117 Posts
Wow there are fish in there other than carp thats all i seem to catch :mad: were you fishing from a boat or bank? I live 2min away and have gave up and that place for awhile. If you were on the bank can i ask what part of the lake i dont need to know you exact location just genreal area. Thanks O0

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The DOW stoped stocking wiper years ago but the lake still has a good population of wiper in there and they are pretty big by now. People still caught wiper out of there every year. I fished for them last year using rat-l-trap, didn't landed any but had one almost ripped my arm out; fought it for almost 5 minutes before it yanked free. Still never know how it got free since I set the hook pretty hard. I was using spider line too. Wait for few more weeks before going out for them. Water is still too cold right now.

lovetofish

1 - 5 of 5 Posts