Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The winter in Colorado over the last few weeks has reminded me a bit of my days back in Minnesota. We were in the midst of a 4 day snowstorm, but my buddy Beau and I still wanted to hit the ice despite a considerable amount of fresh snow on the ground. We wound up getting into a lot of Trout over the day but towards the end of the day we really had to work for the bites. Our Jaw Jackers set up in shallow water helped keep the action consistent. We wound up with 3 species of Trout on the day: Cutthroat, Brook, and Golden.

·
Registered
385 Posts
What the hell did you do to that poor fishes tail? J/K pretty fish Mitch. I can never get anything besides the brookies there. Another bud told me he's caught more cuts there this winter than the last several years and I never get any,... any certainly no goldens. Summer I do a little better on the multispecies but not through a lid???
Anyway way to battle the snow.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What the hell did you do to that poor fishes tail? J/K pretty fish Mitch. I can never get anything besides the brookies there. Another bud told me he's caught more cuts there this winter than the last several years and I never get any,... any certainly no goldens. Summer I do a little better on the multispecies but not through a lid???
Anyway way to battle the snow.
Haha each Golden I've caught from there has had a badly beat up tail. I think it's from them being recently introduced (last fall) and spending their whole lives in a hatchery but I asked the Aquatic Biologist (who confirmed the stocking and identification of Goldens there) and we'll see what he thinks. I've honestly never caught a Cutt there before either until this trip where we caught like 6-7 of them! We're the opposite, I've never had much luck in the summer!

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know of one lake that was stocked with goldens this past fall, but my understanding is that they were just fry...
There was 100 put in this lake that averaged 8-inches last fall.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts