Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I went out today to get some laker action. Left home at like 4 or 430. Only fished a few hours. On the way, my thermometer said -13 and when I got there it said -8. I was skeptical about fishing today because usually the snowy or overcast days are better for me and today was bright and sunny. Well, as soon as the sun came up over the few clouds that were there, I got bit. It was on the same lure I caught the last brown on. I took Fordo's advice and removed the front hook so there was only one treble. As soon as it hit, I knew it was nice. 32 and some change measured. My biggest laker thus far by a decent amount. The last few times I've been out have been single fish days but I'm not bummed in the slightest. It's been a good late fall for sure and I can't wait for ice. Still wasn't really any ice to speak of, btw.

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Great job waita stay with it...lol the persistence of youth!!!...yep you can set your watch by when that body of water ices over...

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Very nice, Well deserved! Looks freakin cold (I was enjoying a nice warm bed)

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Crazy man! Put in work
Too cold for open water. Everything freezing up

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Nice job Whomp. That laker fishing in the cold with no bites can beat you down. Long ass days. Way to grind, that's a pretty fish.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Well done! Phone pics didn't do it justice.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts