Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been 34 days sice I have been fishing and I'm surprized that I have not gone postal. I made it out today and fished from noon till about 5 without a bite. I targeted perch mostly, using small jigs tipped with a worm and small to medium curlytails and also a slip bobber with jigs and worms. My presentation was super slow to slow. I had some trouble with my fireline freezing up and for part of the day I couldn't cast very far because of it. I should have known better than to use braid in such cold conditions. Duh!
Can't wait for the next trip, it's good to be fishing open water again!

Is it a waste of time to fish for perch this time of year? Do the start spawing about now and are not hungry or agressive?

·
Registered
676 Posts
Well, I'm just glad you're still alive after 34 days with no fishing. I hear a person can go 3 weeks without food, but 34 days without fishing sounds like death.

I caught some big perch open water in March last year:

·
Registered
24,557 Posts
I dont think they spawn this early...at least u got out!

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I'm just glad you're still alive after 34 days with no fishing. I hear a person can go 3 weeks without food, but 34 days without fishing sounds like death.

I caught some big perch open water in March last year:

Yah, I barely made it alive for that long, lots of PBR got me through it. I'm back in the fishing again now!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts