Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got on Chatfield at 9 AM, headed back over to the No Wake and 30' deep area we were are on Saturday. One other boat anchored there with lines in the water. Schools of fish showing up on sonar, so we dropped anchor and lines with nightcrawlers. SKUNKED AGAIN ??? ??? :( Not a single bite for 2 1/2 hours. Sonar "beeping" off and on showing school after school of fishing......NONE HUNGRY though. The other boat anchored there was catching NOTHING either. Other boats in the area, but nothing being caught (no excitement at all going on).
Decided "enough is enough", pulled up anchor, pulled in lines, put down sterndrive and (not thinking) shut of sonar....no depth info!! Took off and got stopped in 3' of water. Prop got stuck in sandy bottom. Couldn't raise sterndrive up and couldn't push the boat out with a pole we had. Lucky a boat close to us pulled us out of the area.
It was fun being in the boat on Chatfield this weekend, but the fishing was 100% horrible and then getting stuck in a sandy bottom........HUMBUG!!!!!!!!!!!
Better luck next weekend (hopefully), if it don't rain (forecasted).
Maybe we will try CC.
Cody & Nancy

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Yikes, my boat floats in less than 2 feet, but I don't like the idea of grounding, were you at the point by the marina? Hopefully you were going slow and did not ingest much sand into the engine.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
we went fishing on saturday night .... oh man did it SUCK!!!!!!
we decided to hit the dam since it just open try to catch some walleye and smallmouth bass but didnt happen!!! we found that the dam is really shallow so we lost a lot of line to the rocks!!! and hit nothing!!!! it sucked beyond belief!!!!

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
mista tuan said:
we went fishing on saturday night .... oh man did it SUCK!!!!!!
we decided to hit the dam since it just open try to catch some walleye and smallmouth bass but didnt happen!!! we found that the dam is really shallow so we lost a lot of line to the rocks!!! and hit nothing!!!! it sucked beyond belief!!!!
So...........
Are you trying to hint that you weren't totally satisfied?

:D :D :D

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
the dam is very good at chatfield , you just have to be in waders , the smallie action is hot and heavy there when they are biting

·
Registered
307 Posts
Here's wishing for some better Chatfield luck. I went to Chatfield in March and will not be back till I see some better fishing reports. The shad are out of control, the fish are not hungry. I've been hitting Aurora but the electric rules make things tough unless you are well prepared. The wind has been cruel. At Aurora at least I can catch a few fish, that is if trout count. I know some of you don't count catching trout as good fishing. ;)

M

·
0 Posts
kokaneeking said:
the dam is very good at chatfield , you just have to be in waders
Just a word of advice - if you wade by the dam at Chatfield - wear some clothes bright enough to where folks on boats can see you. Brown waders and dark colored clothes blend into the background really well. I've seen guys out there within an inch of the top of their waders. Trust me, there really are some of us corteous enough to slow the boat down so you don't get swamped by the wake from the boat :-X (we just have to be able to see you)! No I haven't done it to anyone but I've seen it happen and the guy wading wasn't a very happy person afterwards.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts