Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well....all I can say is that everything that you've heard about the Juany is exactly true and I still can't sleep at night without seeing 1,000's of trout surrounding me! Yes 80,000 trout in 4 miles is true, at some areas (Kiddie Pool) and the Braided areas we actually had to shoo fish with our poles for them to get out our way as we walked to the next hole, absolutely unbelievable!

The San Juan averages 18" trout and our gang can attest to that and much more with many over 20" caught. I had a great time once I figured out the Midge game :p-change 20 till you find the right color, type and preferably a size 24 or 26. Nice 40+ fish weekend and I will be back again soon!

Enjoy the pictures (hopefully below or on my website)in the new San Juan Photo section.

TroutDawg
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/cotrout/

[/URL]

[/URL]

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Looks like a great trip, glad to see it still producing good.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I've dreamt about the Juan ever since my last trip there, 2 years ago. Abe's makes just the perfect breakfast burrito to start each day off just right. Great to hear the fishing is still solid, hope to return early next spring before runoff hits.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts