Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I am looking for some advise. My Dad, Mom and Grandma are coming out from Arizona when we are having our baby shower for our first kid (little boy!) June 3-5th. Needless to say my Dad and I are not going to stay around during the shower. We would like to find a secluded stream to fly fish. I drive a 4x4 Nissan Xterra that I would like to find spots some light 4 wheeling would get us away from anyone. Do you guys have some suggestions? I am not asking for your secret spots, I have just never done anything like this before here in CO, use to do a LOT of it up in the White Mountains of AZ with my Grandfather before he passed. Any help would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
287 Posts
What part of CO are you going to be around? Be specific with your location, that will help.
Plus, during early june the major rivers will still be in runoff. Id guess most streams will be the same way. You may be able to drive to some high mountain lakes, that will just be icing off.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We live off 120th and Chambers in Brighton. Would like something within 2 hours, but we are open. Would not mind a high mountain lake as well.

·
Registered
287 Posts
i wish i could help more, but im really not that familiar with that area. Rocky Mountain National Park might have some small streams to fish. Congrats on the baby!!

S

·
0 Posts
With the current snowpack, i wouldt set your sights on high country till early July. Most trails will still have a good deal of snow on them. SOME in Indian Peaks Wilderness will allow you to get close, then hike a couple miles to the lakes, but beware of heavy snow. Wasnt able to hit my fav trails/lakes untill July 11 last year.

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
That's a bad time of the year. I don't even fish in June. All the creeks will be blown out, and as was said.....you still can't get to the high lakes.

Tailwaters are the only options.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts