Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It took a lot of grinding but I finally beat my record of 3 Fall MAs and caught my 4th last night. My last 3 trips for big Walleyes have yielded zero fish. Those kind of skunks can easily demoralize even the best of us. Last night I opted to fish a part of the lake I've never fished before. As I walked the shoreline I realized why I hadn't before, shallow, muddy, little structure. I already walked a half mile so said screw it's time to fish. The wind was howling and the waves were crashing at my feet. I cast out a 4" perch swimbait and about my 8th cast I felt a thump. After the best battle I've had all year this hog came.
30" no scale no weight.

I continued fishing for another couple of hours without a bite. I feel pretty lucky how it all went down. Lots of factors could have made the outcome different but I went with my gut and it paid off.

Tight lines everybody

·
Registered
199 Posts
Nice! I think I saw your headlamp turn on out there and thought "what the hell is somebody doing in no man's land?!?" I hooked into a fish the last two nights. One got off and I somehow got BROKE off last night. By an 'eye. :rolleyes: Not to mention another that ripped my Huddleston tail and didn't hookup. I am in an unprecedented nightmarish walleye streak, and my sanity is slipping. Plenty of bites, lots of follows, GIANT cruisers going right by my feet, but ZERO landed walleyes in my last 20 outings. Trophy walleyes are definitely not for the faint of heart. :biggrin1:

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice! I think I saw your headlamp turn on out there and thought "what the hell is somebody doing in no man's land?!?" I hooked into a fish the last two nights. One got off and I somehow got BROKE off last night. By an 'eye. :rolleyes: Not to mention another that ripped my Huddleston tail and didn't hookup. I am in an unprecedented nightmarish walleye streak, and my sanity is slipping. Plenty of bites, lots of follows, GIANT cruisers going right by my feet, but ZERO landed walleyes in my last 20 outings. Trophy walleyes are definitely not for the faint of heart. :biggrin1:
Man that's rough Andrew! I'll send some good vibes your way buddy.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Nice job Alan, We tried for some eyes out Nebraska, got one bite but the hookup only lasted few seconds. On the other hand, we bagged some white tails.

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Good work Duckster!!

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Nice!

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
It's all about fishing for that "one" bite that matters. Many times with hours and hours of casting in between. Way to stay persistent! Have you guys ever caught more than one big fish any given night? I don't think I ever have.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
It's all about fishing for that "one" bite that matters. Many times with hours and hours of casting in between. Way to stay persistent! Have you guys ever caught more than one big fish any given night? I don't think I ever have.
Define big? MA? 10 pound class fish? MAs, yes. 10 pounder, not yet for me.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts