Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if there was a good lake to do some trolling near Littleton that would not have too bad of boat traffic on the 4th. I am taking my dad, who is extremely busy, fishing. This is the first day in over a year that he has had off from his business, so I really want to take him somewhere that would produce a good number of fish but also somewhere that wouldn't be all that busy. I would really appreciate any advice. Thanks!

·
Registered
16,630 Posts
On saturday? Id be at the Crack by 5am and off by 11am.

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
The 4th is probably the busiest day in Colorado for any lakes, so wherever you go be prepared to share the water.

·
Registered
633 Posts
I agree with Slayer-Crack early on early off. Although sometimes the local lakes are not as busy as you'd think since a lot of folks are out of town/state and the rest are convinced that "the lakes are gonna be a zoo so why bother." There will be other boats but not as crazy as one might think. Of course this year will be different with Chatfield closed so disregard all the bs I just threw out there.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
^^^^^^ This, I've fished CC the last 2 years on the morning of the 4th & it hasn't been bad at all, but with Chatfield closed, I'm afraid I won't be making it 3 in a row.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I called chatty today and they said that they plan to open the water to boating, but they will only have one ramp open so it will be awful trying to get on the water...

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Aurora is electric only and I heard from a good source there is a good trolling bite with flicker minnows size 7 for eyes and bigger trout to 20 inches...1.5 mph or so...you can have a gas motor just cant run it if your boat does that...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts