Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my best friend Casey just purchased a 2001 Jeep Wrangler Sahara.

It came pretty much stock:


But he has added a few things:



We are wanting to take it out 4x4ing :) But I was wondering if there are any places to go 4x4ing and then go fishing.. or maybe 4x4 to a lake or whatever. Just trying to incorporate some 4x4 and some fishing if possible?

The jeep is not lifted.. yet... So we cant handle that hard core of stuff.. but we do want to go play around a little and see what it can do :)


PM's are of course welcome and any spots discussed would be in pure confidence!

Thanks in advance, Ricky
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,193 Posts
Grizzly lake and Wheeler lake by buena vista are both fun trails with (obviously) lakes at the end of them. I have done them both in a wrangler(YJ) with 31" and open diffs, it will take some skillful driving but it can be done without beating the rig.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,399 Posts
There are lots man... I usually hit up the 4wheel drive sites and look through their trail reports/ratings. Traildamage.com is a good one and there are some forums out there two, you can find out what the trails look like and if they are open enough to fish before you even plan your trip.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
FishLip said:
Grizzly lake and Wheeler lake by buena vista are both fun trails with (obviously) lakes at the end of them. I have done them both in a wrangler(YJ) with 31" and open diffs, it will take some skillful driving but it can be done without beating the rig.
Thanks man!! I'll do some googling :)

ePiC said:
There are lots man... I usually hit up the 4wheel drive sites and look through their trail reports/ratings. Traildamage.com is a good one and there are some forums out there two, you can find out what the trails look like and if they are open enough to fish before you even plan your trip.
I'm having my friend sign up!! :) Thanks Epic!! Also doing some searches on this forum and found a descent thread..

Wish Buena Vista wasnt 3hrs away LOL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Guess I should have dome some more searches on here before i posted this :-[ After doing some searching i have found quite a few threads with the same topic LOL


Still any new info would be appreciated :)

And wanted to thanks Epic again!! That's a GREAT site!(Traildamage.com)
 

·
P I K E
Joined
·
10,084 Posts
11 Mile!!! That damn road between Lake George and 11 Mile is getting so bad you almost need to lock in the hubs just to get there. I've lost 2 hub caps off the boat trailer so far... :mad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,731 Posts
I can't rightly think of a place to drive up to. I can think of 7 mile atv trips, then 2 mile walks to some awesome places. My suggestion would Silver Jack Res and a night over, then Imogene into Telluride from Ourey. If your not 4 wheel drive versed...better wear Depends. All sorts of water n fishin up that way.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,328 Posts
loch lomond is awesome when the gates open. not sure when exactly that happens. its only about 45 min from denver to the trailhead. gorgeous lake with a waterfall and 3 or 4 more lakes above it if you want to hike. the trail is easy enough for any stock vehicle, and it takes you through some gorgeous areas
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
394 Posts
FPF said:
loch lomond is awesome when the gates open. not sure when exactly that happens. its only about 45 min from denver to the trailhead. gorgeous lake with a waterfall and 3 or 4 more lakes above it if you want to hike. the trail is easy enough for any stock vehicle, and it takes you through some gorgeous areas
Lots of stuff above Alice. Fall River Res, Chinn's Lake, etc.

JW
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,328 Posts
JW said:
FPF said:
loch lomond is awesome when the gates open. not sure when exactly that happens. its only about 45 min from denver to the trailhead. gorgeous lake with a waterfall and 3 or 4 more lakes above it if you want to hike. the trail is easy enough for any stock vehicle, and it takes you through some gorgeous areas
Lots of stuff above Alice. Fall River Res, Chinn's Lake, etc.

JW
whats your fav lake up there?
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top