Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
took the old fart (byron) out for the maiden voyage of 2020 and my first trip since last july. that's pathetic ain't it? felt great to get back on the lake (even if it did involve puttin' up with byron)! anyway, windier than a sack of buttholes and cloudy/cold for most of the day. didn't matter at all to me but thought i was gonna have to light byron on fire just to shut him up! went after some wipey's first thing with no luck and only caught run of the mill, post spawn male eyes. we then switched to a quest for the larger variety of wally's. hooked a dandy right off on a #5 flicker shad only to lose her after a brief fight. they were short striking in stained water and only found the bait due to vibration i think. finally caught a 20"er and kept her for the frying pan. sun came out in the afternoon and the bite slowed up for us so we headed to the ramp. as a side note, byron is currently without a boat and i can't take him out as much as i used to. if you have an extra slot in the boat and wouldn't mind to take a royal PITA for a ride some day, give him a call. the knowledge you get will outweigh the grief and make an old fart happy!

·
P I K E
10,112 Posts
Bigun sighting!!! Nice to see ya getting out still and KUDOS for getting Byron out! THX for sharing bud!!!

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Great report, Glad to hear you guys got out!!

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Good to hear from the OGs!

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys! it's been a minute. have had a bad run the last few years. lost 4 close friends and 7 family members, including my father and both of my labs... getting old sucks. getting on the water was sorely overdue and helped my mental state a great deal. hoping to see more of you on the water (and on here) soon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts