Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So met up with FistFullaFish to fish for a couple hours in the afternoon. Hit South Platte Park... He said he wanted to fish for carp but we really just threw bass **** the whole time... I missed 2 bites(Prob. small bass that didnt take the plastic far enough) and FistFullaFish picked up 2 small largemouth bass. I've never really caught anything decent out of there.....

We did see quite a few BIG carp cruising the shallows if anyone is looking for a good carp spot.

Tight Lines,
RVinson

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I also went Bassing yesterday.. You guys wanna hear about that? Prob better than a skunk carp report with no pics??

Alright fine.....

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So like I said I also took the day off work yesterday 5/23/2014....

Wanted to do a little solo bass fishing from my new pontoon boat.... ;D The place i went to is the main reason i wanted to get the toon in the 1st place!! I have just been waiting for the water to warm up a bit and the bass to get more active.

I scoped it out the other day 5/20/14 and managed a few smaller fish... Could see some cruising the shallows. I caught around 5 or so in less than 2 hours of fishing... Had another 3 that got off... 1 did a nice aerial maneuver and spit the hook!

They were all about the same size... I didnt measure or weigh them but i'd say around 1lbers maybe 15"
Here is a pic. of 1 of them... They all looked about the same:

So back to yesterday....

This place is a decent haul to get to and like I said I fished from my new pontoon so i had to get that down there:

The path gets a little narrow near the end:

But finally got there and got the toon setup and my waders and life jacket on(By this time it was almost 11am)... Decided to take a selfie LMAO:

Then got started fishing.. I threw a 5" worm like plastic in Watermelon w/red flake(Not a Senko)..... Also had a crank rigged up on the other rod(Type/color/size is not important as I only caught 1 12" smallie on it.)

Fished from 11-5:30ish.... Not sure exactly how many fish i caught... More than 10.... probably closer to 20!! 2 fish were 12" or so.... All the rest were over 15" and atleast 1.5lbs

The biggest one was the 1st one and was caught about 15 minutes after I got there.... Weighed in @ 3lb 8oz on the old school Berkely scale... Right @ 19"

Fish was fast.. Didnt get a release pic:

I didnt take pics of all the fish... But here are a few of the nicer ones:

3lb 0oz:

2lb 7oz(I believe)

2lb 0oz Smallie:

Smallie wasnt down with a release pic either:

I think this one went 3lb 2oz

2lber

This is one of the smaller ones.. 1.5lbs I caught quite a few of these but didnt take pictures.

I think my best 5 fish would have been around 14lbs..... Dayum good day for me!! might be my best day ever bassing in Colorado... Def. one of my best days!!

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Right on dude. sounds like fun man. I'm ready for a day of some fast action bassin'.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Badass report and badass bass!
Makes me wanna get afters some bucktmouths. Many of my usual bass spots have been messed up by the floods and I haven't really targeted bass this year yet. I checked one spot today, it was shity looking and got skunked, saw some carp only.
This motivates me to try harder for 'em.

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys, I had a blast for sure!! Sooooo glad i decided to pick up the toon!! Got another place in mind that may be almost as good s the last :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.