Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after my first fly fishing "lesson" by fishb4food at clear creek, the "learn to watch your floaty guy" lesson, it was decided that we would go to duck lake for a "learn to cast" lesson.  this was on sunday, and fishb4food, his son, and i each caught 7 or 8 cutthroats, using a small clear white with small black stripes nymph.

on tuesday we went up to a ranch on the blue river that i hear is kind of famous  for a "putting lessons 1 and 2 together lesson" and i caught 7 or 8, fishb4food caught 12, and his son caught 10ish.  all were bigger than any trout ive ever caught.  fishb4food's fish were representative of the "smaller" fish that we caught, and i caught two big fish and his son caught two big fish and a super pretty brown.  we caught these on small black nymphs, prince nymphs, and black wooly boogers.  i had a great time, and i am pretty sure that they did too! 

·
OG LOKE
18,957 Posts
They look perfect...i like the idea of having to click on the thumbnails to make em bigger!

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
WOW! Can you teach me to catch those now. >:D

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
So, I've been travelling far and wide for big fish, when genetically altered, steroid fed trout are close by for a fee. Considering the price of gas, it just might be worth it to pay for access to these super trout.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yes they called it the jones ranch and said that there was something in the paper about it being called jurassic park

1 - 10 of 10 Posts