Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time ever going to 11mile, went today. Ice was 5-8, skunk, except for a HUGE crawdad. Saw half dozen, had one hit. Guess we suck at mrt fishing, oh well. Got quite a few Lakers yesterday. Fresh snow on top of slick ice sucked big time. Everyone falling, cleats helped but not much.

Went I25 to 24, kinda liked the drive better than 285, how do you go from Denver?

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Same route when I'm in evergreen I go the 285 route and it's much quicker than 25 but from denver it's be probably about the same I would think. I tried a new spot for lakers yesterday and got skunked but it was a really cool spot and I know it has good fishing so I'm looking forward to going back and trying it again.

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
I like to go I76 to Ft Morgan. Cut off there and go East to Akron. Then cruise back to the South on all the back roads till I hit Springfield. From there it's just a short jaunt to the lake!

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Fresh snow on top of slick ice sucked big time. Everyone falling, cleats helped but not much.
Andy..you might try a quick and easy solution for clear slick ice...spray on glue and sand box sand..Just spray the bottom of your soles and rub them in the sand...over time when the sand starts to wear off..repeat..

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Your wife's hardwood floor loves you!...no wonder she has been trying to kill you!

·
Registered
869 Posts
Originally Posted by zman
Your wife's hardwood floor loves you!...no wonder she has been trying to kill you!
LOL..remove boots before entering the house.

too funny! You guys kill me.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Andy..you might try a quick and easy solution for clear slick ice...spray on glue and sand box sand..Just spray the bottom of your soles and rub them in the sand...over time when the sand starts to wear off..repeat..
Wouldn't have helped, 10" of fresh powder is what made it super dangerous, everyone was falling all over. Cross creek had a dozen or so huts setup.

That was at the mile.
The Lakers came from Chambers, had plenty of traction up there and wasn't walking anyway.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Lol and EVERYONE was falling all over. It was lovely dry champagne powder. What a mess.

Were you at chambers on saturday? did you talk to a guy about his military service and CSU and stuff?

I was there and my buddy and i talked to a few different people. I bet I talked to you if you were there cuz i think we pretty much talked to everyone. there were some guys we talked to that gave us their waxies and told us they had caught some 18-19 inch lakers or something in like 55 fow.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Were you at chambers on saturday? did you talk to a guy about his military service and CSU and stuff?

I was there and my buddy and i talked to a few different people. I bet I talked to you if you were there cuz i think we pretty much talked to everyone. there were some guys we talked to that gave us their waxies and told us they had caught some 18-19 inch lakers or something in like 55 fow.
we were there, only talked to the game warden and a dude with a dog and a large group of guys.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts

we were there, only talked to the game warden and a dude with a dog and a large group of guys.
Gotcha... So you guys got a few though? How deep of you don't mind me asking?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts