Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The kids had a blast. Thanks again to all those who donated gear. No fish were caught, but we did fill a few bags with trash. They did get some bites, but the distraction of a couple of muskrats provided quite a bit of distraction. I was able to talk another teacher into helping me keep an eye on the kids. They are determined to catch something from the pond. We will venture back next week.

·
Registered
427 Posts
That's awesome Mr. Ralpert! Sure is nice seeing kids on field trips,you'll get them next time

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Sucks they dindnt catch any but good on you for teaching them to pick up trash. I almost always keep a trash bag on me when shore fishing to pick up trash.... Sucks to see it all trashed up the next time i go but I like to think the people who leave trash get skunked!! lol

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Glad you made the best of the day!
Good of you!

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wish there was a better place within walking distance. Regardless, the kids had fun. Most of the trash we gathered was along the walkway from school to the pond. It was interesting to hear their comments regarding how careless people can be at times. We talked a lot about why someone would toss their trash on the ground. What bothered them the most was a tire they saw out in the water.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
John, we really tried to get the carp interested. I tried everything I knew of. Something was interested in the pack bait, but it might have been turtles. There were lots of bubbles surfacing in the area of the baits.

Richard, fins-up for taking those kids out and helping clear up the trash.

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
Ralpert we need more teachers like you.

Thank you sincerely for sharing your passion for the outdoors and fishing with the class.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
We finally caught fish!!! It was so much fun to see the excitement from the kids. It made all the effort worth while. They each had a chance to fight the fish. They helped net the monsters. Thanks again to all those who donated gear.

·
P I K E
10,116 Posts
That is kewl Ralpert!!! Great job you are doing there!!! :thumb::hail::thumb:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts