Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
YES!!! lol Seems to be very reasonably priced. Nice unit. When I retire, I'm down.

Thanks, we enjoy it, makes for a heck of a hunting camp, no more getting up in the wall tent to light the wood stove. Retirement is a lot better than people have told me!!:thumb:

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Nice 5th wheel, and interesting that you are downsizing.

I've got a Northstar 850SC popup truck camper and love it. Sometimes I pull the boat and camp at the lake front, sometimes not. I will often pull into a campground near a stream with my flyrod and spinning gear in tote. The flexibility and portability is what I love about it, can essentially just stop and sleep wherever.

Here are a few things I really like about my popup:

1) LED lights and solar panels. Can boondock anywhere and I only have one 12V battery.
2) Cassette toilet. This thing is great, I empty it in my sewer cleanouts when home and when on the road it can be dumped in any toilet or outhouse. I've never been to a dump station.
3) Torklift Tiedowns and , Torklift FastGuns. They make securing the camper super painless. You may find that the camper turnbuckles block your access to the gas tank (mine did) and so quick removal is a necessity.
4) Torklift Glowstep stairs with the Glowgluide handrail, no problem seeing the stairs at night or getting back into the camper when tipsy... :)

PM me if you have any other questions I may be able to help with.

Cheers,
Mike

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice 5th wheel, and interesting that you are downsizing.

I've got a Northstar 850SC popup truck camper and love it. Sometimes I pull the boat and camp at the lake front, sometimes not. I will often pull into a campground near a stream with my flyrod and spinning gear in tote. The flexibility and portability is what I love about it, can essentially just stop and sleep wherever.

Here are a few things I really like about my popup:

1) LED lights and solar panels. Can boondock anywhere and I only have one 12V battery.
2) Cassette toilet. This thing is great, I empty it in my sewer cleanouts when home and when on the road it can be dumped in any toilet or outhouse. I've never been to a dump station.
3) Torklift Tiedowns and , Torklift FastGuns. They make securing the camper super painless. You may find that the camper turnbuckles block your access to the gas tank (mine did) and so quick removal is a necessity.
4) Torklift Glowstep stairs with the Glowgluide handrail, no problem seeing the stairs at night or getting back into the camper when tipsy... :)

PM me if you have any other questions I may be able to help with.

Cheers,
Mike
Thanks Mike, this is what we have in mind, http://www.prairieviewrvsales.com/listing/2005-lance-1181-truck-camper

We like the hard side cab over with dry bath, range, oven, microwave, refrig, freezer, generator, with the solar.

We want to be more mobile, this trailer is really nice if you're going somewhere and stay for an extended time. We have had people interested in it that want to park it and live out of it and a snow bird that wants to live in Arizona for 6 months and Colorado for 6 months. We'll keep using this trailer til it's gone, it's paid for, so no hurry to sell.

Thanks Ron.

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Thanks Mike, this is what we have in mind, http://www.prairieviewrvsales.com/listing/2005-lance-1181-truck-camper

We like the hard side cab over with dry bath, range, oven, microwave, refrig, freezer, generator, with the solar.

We want to be more mobile, this trailer is really nice if you're going somewhere and stay for an extended time. We have had people interested in it that want to park it and live out of it and a snow bird that wants to live in Arizona for 6 months and Colorado for 6 months. We'll keep using this trailer til it's gone, it's paid for, so no hurry to sell.

Thanks Ron.
Ron,

Looks like a great rig, it is much larger than mine, and with more amenities. I am sure you'll be happy in it. One thing I envy about those hardsides is the ability to camp incognito. In my case, I can leave the top down and squeeze into the dining bed, but it is not the same.

Eventually I may look into a 5th wheel for triple towing but right now I don't want the limitations on my camping sites. The 6 mo CO/6 mo AZ might be interesting as long as I could be on a lake. I'm sure you'll have fun exploring all the options that truck campers have to offer. You probably already know about them, but I frequent a couple other sites that are dedicated to truck camper camping such as RV.net and Truckcampermagazine.com there are also quite a few good boondocking sites but I only look at those in the summer! :)

Have fun camping this season!

Cheers,
Mike

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
I've thought about downsizing from our fifth wheel to a slide in camper. I am perfectly comfortable towing my Lund behind the 5er, but my surf boat is just too big and now we have to take two vehicles when we take both that boat and the RV.

But I know it would be REALLY hard to go from 32' of room to something like 10'. I will be interested to hear how the transition goes for you.

GLWTS.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts