Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was the magic number today at PLO! We started out slow but finally found the first 60 degree water of the year. We ended up with 18 eye's and seven keepers (18 to 20 inches), 25 bass and some crappie. I caught all three species of bass today and lost a big smallie that broke me off:mad: It should just keep getting better! The warmest water I found was 61 degree's.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/139756203186809/

·
Registered
9,427 Posts
the best we found was 59 lots of fish with lockjaw I don't think the fish we were seeing were eyes, most were suspended. when I did see fish close to the bottom we caught eyes. the guy I was with got a hot tip from a friend of his and we were locked on that spot for hours

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the best we found was 59 lots of fish with lockjaw I don't think the fish we were seeing were eyes, most were suspended. when I did see fish close to the bottom we caught eyes. the guy I was with got a hot tip from a friend of his and we were locked on that spot for hours
A lot of those suspended fish I have been seeing are spots. Not sure why they are suspended right now but they were really active yesterday. Probably chasing adult shad? We now have three year classes of wiper out there also. They just aren't biting yet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts