Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Life never seems to stop. Two weekends ago my AC decided to shut off as I was sitting at a stoplight. Just the highest setting, all others work fine even though I replaced everything last year. Last weekend my son shut my car door and the window opened... the plastic pulley part of the regulator broke off. No worries I dismantled the car door in the Wal Mart parking lot and propped the window 3/4 closed so we could get groceries. Got home and cut a piece of scrap wood to hold the window shut. Fixed :)

Last weekend my daughter was winning a foot race with a neighbor girl when the girl pushed her from behind... broken arm :(

Long story short fishing has been last minute and usually in the heat of the day. Not the best time for catching.

After feeling stressed and exhausted I decided instead of driving by my local fishing hole every day on the way to work, I'm going to wake up early and cast a few before my 1.5 hour commute.

I am so glad I did!

The first 10 minutes I hooked into a decent fish. I had 5 other blowups but the fish missed. They must've still been waking up :)

One fish blew up on my line when the frog was 10 feet away! I guess my twitching line looked like something tasty.

As I was walking towards the car to head to work I did "One last cast" and of course got a blowup but he missed. The little bugger missed another two times after I pitched around him for the next 5 minutes.

All blow ups were in really thick submerged foliage and within 10 feet of shore. I fan casted but had the most success paralleling the shoreline.

This was the first time I've ever fished a frog and first time catching anything on topwater. I don't know if I'll be able to go back to fishing anything else. It was so fun.

What a great way to start the morning!

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Nice going dallasdb!

Too bad about the negative crap but good froggin must help out.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
CF,

Kids are healthy and happy and I'm upright and breathing. I try to just let everything roll off my back, smile, and fish as much as possible.

·
Registered
67 Posts
CF,

Kids are healthy and happy and I'm upright and breathing. I try to just let everything roll off my back, smile, and fish as much as possible.
This^^^^

Looks like a fun morning of fishing. Glad you got into some.

·
Banned
553 Posts
Nice. Froggin is takin off. Heres a little buckaroo i busted on one yesterday.

·
Banned
553 Posts
Would that work Slayer?
Ive had some bigger trout follow my buzz bait before but no takes. Ive hooked plenty of cookies on a small popper tho. Ive caught LMB's on hotdogs and a musky on corn. Anything is possible.....

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Hit it again this morning. Started with a black body hollow frog to see if that would help with the fish missing so much yesterday.

The same spot that the fish missed 3x yesterday, he missed once today. Couldn't get him interested again.

Tried tossing a t-rigged 10' worm right after the miss but the weeds were so thick my 1/8 oz weight couldn't drop through.

Had one other confirmed miss and one I thought was a miss but I was looking away at another fish that jumped.

Switched back to the natural colored frog and got this guy.

·
Banned
553 Posts
I know all to well. Lemme know when you wanna make another 20 spot.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
No froggin this morning because I had mediation. Good news is I got my kids 3 days a week now!!! Couldn't convince her to give me 50/50 but I'm still happy to have them more.
If I'm not too exhausted I'll continue the froggin tomorrow :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts