Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well two other fishing buddies (craigknows2, and maestasj) and I went to "lake F" yesterday and we each pulled in 25-30 trout apiece.  They were all stocker Rainbows with the largest one only about 14".  But what a way to shake off those winter blues.  I have been fishing about 15 times out at Chatfield, and Cherry Creek this year already, but have had no luck.  But I have been trying to corner those pre-spawn, and full spawn walleyes.  After enough skunks, you start to wonder if you even know how to reel a fish in anymore.  Well, yesterday fixed that.  Although they were only stockers, it sure felt great to have that kind of action.  I threw every lure I had at them with nothing as a result.  Evedently these fish only eat salmon eggs and dough baits.  After 80 or so fish and one heck of a sunburn, I can honestly say the fishing is on and its great.

This is a pic of "Lake F" for you who know the spot.

Heres our "bucket 'o' dinner

And the little fish that made my day.

Tight lines, and Happy fishing!

The Fiend

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Re: 75 to 100 trout easy. 4/13

that wasnt shaking off the winter blues
that was kicking the ---- out of the winter blues

looks like you guys had some fun

·
Registered
2,488 Posts

Good job fiend. I think this part of the forum is the appropriate place to post pictures of a spot you don't want to reveal. It's kindof like the bragging board at Sportsman's. Nice fish.

·
Registered
991 Posts

Sounds like you had a ball. I went to a lake near where I work last week and saw the stock truck show up while I was there. I went back after work and caught a bunch of stockers on my 3wt fly rod using a small copper john. What a HOOT!!!

·
Registered
18 Posts

Loved the pictures guys. Been up to lake "f" on more than one occasion and have done really well. No 75-100, but 15 maybe. Those little guys are fun as long as u can feel them bite over the wind. Next time head up to lake "g". Just as much fun and less 10"-12". Fish On Guys. Look foward to seeing u up there. Sour Kraut

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Thanks everyone.  Yah, I really needed a day like yesterday.  I think we all did.  I think Fishing is the only thing where I would rather be busy then relaxing.  And they definately kept us busy.
ripple effect said:
Those little guys are fun as long as u can feel them bite over the wind. Next time head up to lake "g". Just as much fun and less 10"-12". Fish On Guys. Look foward to seeing u up there. Sour Kraut
The wind was very calm, and the water clarity was awesome.  Great conditions!

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Im not having any troubles seeing them. Neither are my buddies here. The photo bucket site is under maintenance, but you should still be able to see them. I'll try and email you the pics.

Is anyone else having trouble seeing these pics?

·
Registered
991 Posts

I can't see them either.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Wow, ok, sorry bout that folks. I'll try it again as soon as photobucket comes back up.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
most of the fish we caught were between 10 and 13 inches. We got one that was 14" but that was it. They were all stockers, but they sure kept us alive and running for most of the day.

·
Registered
943 Posts
i know where lake f is ;D i've never caught anything out of there i always go to lake p :D

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have never made it up to lake p. Been on several trips to lake f and caught a few, but I prefer to fish at lake c. That's where the real fish are, plus you can get a boat out on it. I just hate the wind in that area. I have had a tent ripped in half. I gotta go catch some fish. A report will be forthcoming.

Fish on

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Nice Fishing-Fiend! I've never caught anything outta there. :mad:I'm probably heading to that area (f) next weekend.

P.S. I see the pics fine, you must have fixed them.?

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yes sir. I moved around some files, and then it wasn't working. I put the new links in, so everyone must be seing them fine now.

Tight lines to all!

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
LOL!! Looks like y'all had fun! Congrats!!

Hey, I know where that is.... It's Lake "F"!!!

1eyeReD

1 - 20 of 25 Posts