Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ElPasoCounty said:
It really didnt look too feral to me...Looks more like an escaped Duroc...

They could have done a better job dispatching it too...
That might explain why it was so stupid? Wild hogs are usually very wary. Also didn't know they had them in Washington?

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
F.F Woodycooks said:
so, situation... how's the fishing out in eastern washington? >:D
Bout the same as out here. Hows the doll collecting going?

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
ElPasoCounty said:

X2...but decent video non-the-less. The part up until the shot was suspenseful enough.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Neal/CO said:
ElPasoCounty said:

That might explain why it was so stupid? Wild hogs are usually very wary. Also didn't know they had them in Washington?
I agree! Pig didn't appear too concerned with the hunters, It took em long enough to finish it off too. Pig was definitely a brute!!!

·
Registered
9,427 Posts
it sure didn't act like a wild hog and it looks like it is about 300 lbs short of 750. another thing a wild hog that size would be so tough that you would have to chew the gravy.

in april i will be looking for one about 100 lbs, my boy will go for a big one for the mount and we will grind the whole thing

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
F.F Woodycooks said:
it's going great, unfortunately for you pleasures doesn't have a twinkie blow up doll though. ;D
That was a pretty weak comeback, even for you

·
Registered
297 Posts
The Situation said:
F.F Woodycooks said:
it's going great, unfortunately for you pleasures doesn't have a twinkie blow up doll though. ;D
I dunno, sweetheart... the "doll collection" bit was about as weak as your size 60 belt loops. the saving grace was the picture, which I'm sure pikester tony is already bribing the photoshop gods to paste my fat face on. >:D

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
F.F Woodycooks said:
The Situation said:
F.F Woodycooks said:
I dunno, sweetheart... the "doll collection" bit was about as weak as your size 60 belt loops. the saving grace was the picture, which I'm sure pikester tony is already bribing the photoshop gods to paste my fat face on. >:D
The picture..... I don't think much photo shop would be needed, add a little scruff to that face, and one might think at the least you 2 are related. Size 60 belt loops? come on.... at least I had the picture to fall back on. "how was the fishing in Washington" wasn't much of a prize winner either. I think your long week of raging parties is having their toll. I only have one question, how did you manage to party with some umpa lumpas?

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
As that video went on I thought, why wouldn't the camera stay with the hunters, that is a good way to get shot. Sure enough the pig ran right back at the camera. Anyway I agree doesn't look to "wild" to me.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
FishLip said:
As that video went on I thought, why wouldn't the camera stay with the hunters, that is a good way to get shot. Sure enough the pig ran right back at the camera. Anyway I agree doesn't look to "wild" to me.
Just goes to show a handgun is not your best choice if you are any where with brown bears!!! That pig took at least half a dozen 454 rounds and was still alive. I doubt a brown bear would let you take your time and yuck it up for the camera!

·
Registered
9,427 Posts
Neal
i think that totaly depends on the person behind the gun. many of us can put the bullet where it will do the most good. as an example of that i shot a buffalo with my 357 herret and killed it with one shot while the guy that was hunting with me shot his with a 30-06 and had to shoot it 3 times, twice in the guts and one time in the sholder, while mine was one shot behind the ear, mine didn't even kick, while his was kicking for 2-3 minutes. both anamils were at about 50 yds.

i know of 2 brown bears that were taken with a hand gun that were both one shot kills. it looks like the hog was gut shot and was hurting a lot before it was put down

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
F.F Woodycooks said:
dude, if I knew you were going to the rocky horror picture showing this halloween, me and my wife would have asked to tag along. >:D
There ya go, must have just needed the morning coffee, thats a lot better :D
You know, I think we're kind of off topic here.......

I would have tried to ride him before shooting him, I bet that would have been fun!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts