Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
77 Jeep Chief, 360 v-8, new radiator, heater core, master cyclider for brakes.
Needs some body work (rear wheel wells). The engine is in good shape, compression check is 150psi wet, this is a all wheel drive amc tank. Great in deep snow and mud, the perfect hunting and fishing get me there truck. Does need a new transfer case. $1000 first come takes it. In the past couple years I have put $2500 into this truck. the rearend and front have been rebuilt from the hubs back to the transfer case.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
how bad is the transfercase is it still driveable or would it need to be towed off? also you say "all wheel drive" do you mean full time 4X4 with the NP203 transfercase? automatic or manual?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is drivable, 3 speed automatic, and it is a quadratrac full time 4wd with hi and low range. the registration is good untill 2009.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
O, so it is the "jeep" transfercase, bummer

just currious how do you get a rig registered 3 years ahead, or was that a typo, id love to register my rigs like that

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Collector plates this is an antiuqe vehicle. By the way a replacement transfer case is available at FN Jeep in Colorado Springs for $250 as well as other parts.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
so CO considers 77 antiuqe, cool ill have to check that out.

those T-cases are easy to find cause there is high demand they dont last well, bummer in such an otherwise rugged rig they should ove had np205' in those things

good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts