Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I fished in this 8 River Rodeo and had the best time ever fly flishing. Need more people to sign up for the Rodeo. It doesn't matter how long you have been fishing. You will meet people that just started to people that have been doing it to there entire life and nobody is afraid to share. This a fantastic time on the water like you will never have again..

All for charity

http://www.8riverodeo.com/

·
Registered
370 Posts
That sounds like it would be an awesome time. I think it's time to have a conversation with the wife now for my kitchen pass in July!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well if you guys and many others would like to join go to the site I posted and join up. You have to have a partner to join and you have to have a name for your team. The rules are on the site on how it all works. My friend asked me to be his partner last year and all I could think about was winning the entire thing. Once you get to meet all the guys and other teams you start to realize that winning is just in signing up. We got a simms shirt that they give you for signing up that cost as much as you entry fee. so you got your money out of it just by signing up. I garrenty you will have so much fun you won't be able to wait for next year.. Hope to see you there...

·
Registered
263 Posts
This looks really cool. I have done an event like this, but have fished these rivers with success before. What a fun time. Anyone up for teaming up?

LMAO on the recommend L. Mayer or Joe Butler guides. If you have been around the main rivers for a while you have seen these dudes in action. Not impressed. If you know the rivers and the honey holes you will have no problem keeping right up with them less the guide fee >:D

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea they were supposed to be there last year also and I didn't see either one of them. I know alot of guys that don't write books and don't tie flies professionally that I would take as a partner over either of them two. I just so happen to have possibly the best partner of all. GoldenTrout is my partner and he is a highly technical fly-fisherman and a great tyer. I feel that we are going to be hard to beat this year..

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
not if you use an orvis 4 wt ;D

i am planning on doing it this year... i have heard first hand it is a very fun, run and gun time.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There you go armchair start the smack talk now and then when it's time to fish we will see who's 4wt wins..

·
Registered
120 Posts
I just so happen to have possibly the best partner of all. GoldenTrout is my partner and he is a highly technical fly-fisherman and a great tyer. I feel that we are going to be hard to beat this year

Aww schucks thanks man ;D

Yes I believe we will be pretty hard to handle this year after last years lessons on run and gun type fishing and hopefully the 'rado won't be blown out again. Team USA Fly Fishing being allowed to fish private water doesn't help either. You never know though.........

I hope some of you can make it up.......it is seriously one kick arse time

·
Registered
21 Posts
You forgot to mention the bear, the beer and the Hells Angels....

This will be our third year; it is the highlight of my summer. Looking forward to it again this year.
Let me know if you have any questions.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Best Team name from last year was an all women Team.......

The Two bit Hookers

;D

Yea....that Bear was crazy........glad I was doing some pre-rigging in lantern light 10 feet from where he was last sighted..........sometimes its just best not to know

Beer? I don't remember any Beer......there was Beer there?..............

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I remember drinking beer and then the sheriff's department rolled up and told us to stop picking on the bear.. that was pretty funny,. I have never been told to stop picking on a bear..

S

·
0 Posts
Thinking about it, just looking for teammate at the moment. Have a couple in mind, they just need to make up THEIR mind !

·
Registered
11,844 Posts
seems like a bit too much driving and not enough fishing for me... but I would still consider doing it... I doubt this year, but eventually perhaps.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
slowdown said:
so hard to think that far out and committ. Im impressed that you guys can do that. My schedule changes every week - even if I dont want it to.

I would love to do this just for the fun of it - sounds crazy with the fishing, driving, drinking and did I just read you get to tease a bear? sounds like my kind of party.
X2 JIM

1 - 18 of 18 Posts