Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Jeep Cheerokee that needs a starter and tune up lots of miles but motor is strong(striaght 6)great body and interior would be great for parts or if youu have parts and need the body.
800.00 OBO would consider trade. pic will be up shortly

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
auto or stick and is it the fulltime or part time transfer case?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it is a stick and trannys in great shape however i believe that the 4 wheel dr needs work. thats why so cheap would be great if you allready have one and want to swap parts or if youu have a beat up one b/c the body is great no dents or rust and the paint is great the interior is also in great shape no rips or taers

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
yeah i got an 85 that has been retired but i need to know if the transfercase is fulltime or part time as it makes a difference on many other parts of the drivetrain if you dont know take a look at the front axel at the knuckle right were it piviot for stearing is there a U-joint in there or ruber boot

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey i will try to check tonite. it is at the in-laws i was goinng to fix it back up but my wife goes to school full time and we can't affford child care so its either work on the jeep or fish when i do get free time.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
cool look forward to your reply

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
were bouts are you ? springs, denver, just a ruff idea so i can think about looking at it

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ft collins i will get pics if possible maybe a video. I drove it all last summer. and honestly i wish i had a vehicle that the engine would go in. its a beast

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
meandmydog said:
as far as the transfer case go's i believe its partime. youu do have to stop to engage it.
That doesnt really matter.. usually its labeled on the shifter if it has fulltime, or if its partime there usually a light on the dash (I dont know what year they started that though).

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
the U-joint in the knuckel will pin it down for shure U-joits went with the part time and the boot for a cv joit went with the full time and were quite weak

se if you can get some pics up

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
cool thanks

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
thanks i might like to come up and look it over this weekend ill pm you for directions when i get back in a few days, im headed out on a trip shortly

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
still trying to move that jeep, been pretty bussy havent had much time to think about another rig

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yes i am if i dont get rid of it this week i will have to sell it to one of those jeep unlimited mplaces. so make me an offer.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
sorry im gonna be gone a few weeks and it will probly be gone when i get back

1 - 20 of 20 Posts