Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Left the keys in it, how the hell do I get in it to get them back out without calling a locksmith? Rear seat folds down if I can get into the trunk....

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rivrunnr1 said:
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D poor andy.

You got access to a wire hanger? Can bend it and try and use it like you would a jimmy.
I can get a hanger, but I need a wedge of some sort to get room to move the door open far enough.

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Koldkut said:
Rivrunnr1 said:
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D poor andy.

You got access to a wire hanger? Can bend it and try and use it like you would a jimmy.
I can get a hanger, but I need a wedge of some sort to get room to move the door open far enough.
I dont know about your specific model.. but on some vehicles you can stick the hanger down between the window and the door on the outside of the car and pull up on the crossbar for the lock.

I know this works easily on older vehicles.. not sure about your specific model though.

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I can't just get the hanger through the frame, I need a wedge to pry in there to get the hanger in. I'm not worried about damaging the door, this thing is a pile of crap but it gets me good milage.

·
Registered
910 Posts
ya, some kind of small wedge to give a little wiggle room. Don't know if your window goes up into a channel or just up against a rubber molding, but even deflecting the molding can help. Might try a little downward pressure on the window. if it moves even an eighth of an inch, that's a lot. just go slow, try different places and if need be, different materials.
One time I ended up snaking all the way over to the other door because the locks pulled out from the door handle to unlock. I pushed the "unlocker" in from one side, then gtabbed it with a "guider" from the other and finally got it set up against the unlocker, and after a few tries it came open. If you have the luxury, just go slow and think about things.

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
They sell wedges with the lock kits. You can try using something as a wedge or you can cut the weather stripping away, or you call a glass shop and find out if a new side window is cheaper than a locksmith

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
tire iron for wedge, hanger straightened to pop trunk, pliars to unbolt the rear seat latch.......

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
wedge is the best option if you can find it for sure. You'd be surprised how far you can pry out a door without damaging it. Definitely enough room to get a hanger in there. If you can't find a wedge, you could take a buddy out there with ya and have him pull on the door to make room for you to get the hanger in there and unlock with a coat hanger.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
i have an 02 cavalier that was wicked fun to open. managed to crack my windshield while doing it. had to use a screwdriver for a wedge, a hanger, and some braided fishing line to snag the goofy manual lock i have. it took about two hours. i haven't replaced my windshield yet....lol, so it really cost me nothing. not the recommended way to go about it.

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
marledge said:
i have an 02 cavalier that was wicked fun to open. managed to crack my windshield while doing it. had to use a screwdriver for a wedge, a hanger, and some braided fishing line to snag the goofy manual lock i have. it took about two hours. i haven't replaced my windshield yet....lol, so it really cost me nothing. not the recommended way to go about it.
I like the trick where I unbolted the rear seat fold down latch.....but will have a hole cut through the seat so I can just reach through and push the latch....will also install a exterior trunk pop to make it easier.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I think we had the convertable top down the whole time. ;D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts