Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
I've found the best way to talk to Don is to go into Gander Mnt. For some reason I dont see him on the board much anymore.

-Jay

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Last year I was using 10 lb. Berkley Trilene XT, this year I think I will make the switch to 30 lb. test/8 lb dia. Spiderwire Stealth. The bigger cats are experts at finding structure to wrap around, the Spiderwire should help in preventing that from happening.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Yes, Barr is my favorite lake near Denver for catfishing. The biggest cat I've ever caught there was 14 lbs. I know there are some monsters out there, maybe this will be the year I catch one!

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
if you dont mind me asking what kinda bait do you use and where on the lake do you fish
i keep telling the wife that we might take a drive up there this year and fish it if gas doesnt go to high

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There used to be a fellow fished in Chatfield with a 25# line; he got broke off by catfish running deep and hard.

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
not trying to start a up roar with this response but I don't get why people in colorado are using 25# line, really anything over 10#. Maybe for bass in heavy cover and the line would get beat up but thats it. just saying this because lived in florida and most guys are using 20# for tarpon that average 80-120#.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts