Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Didn't get into anything big but did get into some good numbers for this time of the year.
Took off around 130 and put back on the trailer around 530. Water temp 50-53
Found fish in 20-25' primarily with a few coming shallower.
First ride for the pup

Glass for a while but the wind did pick up and the water temp dropped 2.5 degrees in two hours. :eek:
My first fish

One of the bigger ones 1.9lbs Love this combo!!! SO sick especially the rod, I had some slack in the line several times with the wind and not paying to much attention and I could feel the fish pick up the jig. It is my best bottom rod bar none! Not even close. Phenix blank BTW

Caught 3 or 4 eyes, 1 spot, and the rest SMB for a total of 18 fish. At one point I was 4 casts and 4 fish! Made it 4 for 5.
Caught fish in a few different spots but a few produced more than others. A good afternoon with the dog and boat with some fish to play along.

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys
One other thing Water is so so so clear. In one spot the boat was sitting in 18' of water and I could see the bottom. So in most of the lake around 20' of visibility. Never seen it that clear and really didn't like it

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Nice work Kurt.. Wish I could of made it out to fish...stupid work anyway.

D.J.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Boondock said:
Thanks guys
One other thing Water is so so so clear. In one spot the boat was sitting in 18' of water and I could see the bottom. So in most of the lake around 20' of visibility. Never seen it that clear and really didn't like it
Nice Boon, thank the Zebra Mussels for the clear water! ;)

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
FishDr said:
Sounds like a great outing. What kind of rod was proving to be so sensitive?
It is a custom phenix blank 7' mh. I've had it since last early fall and it has done nothing but impress me. It weighs in at 2.82 so with the core 50 and line it is right around 8.5 ounces total.

Damn zebras George! :D

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Nice.

One of the bigger ones 1.9lbs Love this combo!!! SO sick especially the rod, I had some slack in the line several times with the wind and not paying to much attention and I could feel the fish pick up the jig. It is my best bottom rod bar none! Not even close. Phenix blank BTW
Did you build the rod from that blank?

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
JWurgaft said:
Nice.

Did you build the rod from that blank?
Thanks guys
No I didn't but Andrew (koldkut) did.
Ti micros spiral wrapped, cut down reel seat, Eva foam.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts