Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many of you know or have fished with flyguy (Alex Zipp). For several years he has run the Arkanglers in Pueblo. Well as of last week, he is the new owner of The Drift Fly Shop (formally Arkanglers in Pueblo).

Alex is a good dude with tons of knowledge and insight. Stop by and say hi to him and give him a little support.

Congrats Alex.

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
Hell yeah, I have no idea where your shop is, but next time I'm down that way I need to get some directions and pay you a visit.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Yeah I stopped in the night after he sealed the deal and he was pretty excited to get the deal done. Congrats Alex!

That's where I get most of my materials and he has been a real good dude, in the store! I haven't fished with him yet, but it sounds like he is a great dude on the water also...

·
Registered
336 Posts
I like that shop. I have no trepidation about buying stuff there when I'm in the neighborhood. They have always been friendly and helpful. I know it sounds funny saying that about a fly shop(or any store fo that matter) but there are places that I refuse to spend my money due to the nose in the air syndrome. Congrats flyguy!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Congratulations Alex! He has been excellent help every time I have gone in. Being fairly new to fly fishing he hasn't hesitated to help me out and get me steered in the right direction. Best of luck and I'll definitely be back in for supplies here shortly. If you're down in Pueblo, his shop is just about a mile west of I-25 on Highway 50, look on the right just before you get to the Lowe's. He's in the little shopping center behind Carl's Jr. Great little fly shop!

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Johnny Rubber said:
If you're down in Pueblo, his shop is just about a mile west of I-25 on Highway 50, look on the right just before you get to the Lowe's. He's in the little shopping center behind Carl's Jr. Great little fly shop!
Thanks for giving directions. I always wondered where this shop was located. Sounds like an easy spot to get to. I'll stop in next time.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Thanks everyone for the good vibes and kind words!

This is a crazy time to be starting a business but the past few years have been the best of my life and having a job I look forward to each day has been a big part of that.

If any of you are headed down this way to fish, (tailwater or the res.) let me know and maybe we can meet up on the water.

Tight Lines!
Alex

·
Registered
585 Posts
Congrats Alex. We did stop by and go in your shop to buy a few things on Fri afternoon. The shop looks great and I hope things go well for you. Nice fish in the tourney by the way. Way to stick one right at the end to save the day for you and Jason.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts