Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks for doing nothing at the trade deadline...ie getting some help in rotation and 1st baseman who could hit with power...

Sell the team to someone who will pull the trigger and spend some money...

You got 4 years to get it right...before you refuse to pay Tulo, Jimenez (sp?), and CarGo and lose them to big market teams...

You dont get that many chances to get this close...

SELL THE TEAM!!!!!!!

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
Why we're making money hands over fists! We care nothing about you fans. In this economy, we seem to be doing better than most, if not all. As long as you the fans continue to support us, we will continue to put out a product that will sell just enough! Thanks for you patience! We will continue to move forward the way we see fit!

Greedily yours,

The Monforts.

P.S. Don't forget, always eat Beef!

Jim

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
who would they have gotten that was available and for what in trade?

not as easy as you think... if they had Helton's 17+ million maybe some movement?

what they need is a new pitching coach :mad:

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
Armchair Angler said:
who would they have gotten that was available and for what in trade?

not as easy as you think... if they had Helton's 17+ million maybe some movement?

what they need is a new pitching coach :mad:
Roy Oswalt comes to mind! how about Roy Halladay last year. where did they go? Oh ya the winning Phillies!

Jim

·
Registered
11,844 Posts
With you on every thing you said in this thread Jim... They gotta keep some players around... giving away top players and allstars... We are so damn close.

·
Registered
7,407 Posts
Yep, they need to really keep this core together for sure. We all know they won't though as their is always more talent coming up. Until the MLB changes their stance on inflated salaries on teams and puts in a hard salary cap, smaller market teams are at the mercy of the new yorks and bostons of the world.

·
Registered
701 Posts
What short memories we all have...

As far as relief pitching is concerned, we had the lowest ERA of the entire MLB through the all-star break. The problem was that our starting pitching had too many injuries which forced the Rocks to dig into the bullpen/minors to fill the rotation. Then you add in the fact that the offense hit only 230ish with RISP the pitching had little run support. Combine those factors and what you get is dead arms and an overworked bullpen. this scenario would cripple any team in baseball. Matt Beslile might set an all time Rockies record for innings pitched in relief. Bob Apodaca will not and should be let go as our pitching coach. Keep in mind that these guys are pitching half of thier games at Coors Field. In this climate these pitchers in my opinion have been quite solid this season. Also, do any of you really think that top of the line free agent pitchers would like to come to the Rockies and pith at Coor Field and sacrafice ERA points?

This team is still the most talented team in the division. We lost many man games due to injury i.e. Tulo for a month and a half. My reasoning for the Rockies downfall is that the the hitting with RISP was absolutely miserable. Jim Tracy and Don Baylor will agree with that statement. We also have a core of young guys who at times, swing at shitty pitches and take bad at bats. This should get better with time and experience.

I'm not saying changes do not have to be made but we need to make small ones. Barmes won't be on the team next year. What about the status of Cook and Francis?

Crap, I'm already waiting for spring 2011.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts