Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was suppossed to go skiing today, but we cancelled that with the snow and Mitch threw his back out and my wife Laura hurt her shoulder. So the next best thing---ICE FISHING. We met and fished between 7-10:30am. First hour and a half was pretty good action. After that it died off. Missed alot of hits and kept 8 for the pan. All rainbows except 1 cutthroat. Think Mitch caught 4 and I got 7. Pretty nice fish for Skaguay, 13-14 inches. Hot pink ice jigs and wax worms. Was in 30 feet of water. Marked fish from 8-22 feet deep. New Humminbird fish finder works good. Was some people out there camping in tents when I got there. Seems a little cold for that. Quite a few people showing up throughout the day. Some set up right by us, almost to close. :mad: What's to close, 25 feet? Mitch has some pictures hes gonna post later.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Sounds like a better morning than being at home. I should meet you at Evergreen station and carpool if you have room one of these times.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Thank you Jeff! As always, I had a great time fishing with you. What an awesome weekend this is turning out to be. Some bow-chick-a-WOW-WOW last night ;D, ice fishing with my buddy Jeff this morning ;D, Elk steaks tonight ;D, and fresh fried fish tomorrow night ;D. The only thing that would make it even better would be some more bow-chick-a-WOW-WOW tonight. The day isn't over yet! :D ;)

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for coming up Mitch. Do you got that fish finder beep-beep in your head? To bad the fishing action died off so quick. Bow-chick-a-WOW-WOW. :D ;D :eek: The things you talk about out fishing. >:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts