Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got up with the intent of fishing Jefferson in my toon, but when I arrived at 7:30, it was just too windy. I sat in my truck until eight and then decided to fish the shoreline...that lasted until nine... when the lake started white capping...just wasn't in the mood to fish in the cold and the wind and definitely wasn't going to launch the toon.

I thought about heading for the mile, but not knowing how windy it was and only being able to use my fins there now...I decided against it. Instead, I drove on over to Tarryall.

It was beautiful out. Very little wind all day. Water temps were 37 when I got there with a couple of feet of thin ice around the edge of the lake.

I ended up catching a dozen trout, nothing big, although a few of the trout were bigger than I expected and all real fiesty in the cold water. But, sure can't complain. It was a beautiful sunny day spent out on the toon on November 6th..Can't beat that.

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks..They were just off the road coming from Jefferson about two thirds of the way to Tarryall. Must have seen a hundred and fifty deer grazing private property between Tarryall and Lake George on the way home.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Some nice fat-looking trout there.Nice report, making a windy/non-fishing day fruitful. Tarryall is usually the first lake I ice, lots of willing fish to get the fish-hooking timing down for later in the season. And a chance at a pike.

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Some nice fat-looking trout there.Nice report, making a windy/non-fishing day fruitful. Tarryall is usually the first lake I ice, lots of willing fish to get the fish-hooking timing down for later in the season. And a chance at a pike.
Shouldn't be long until it's iced over. It's definitely not too deep. All of the beaver ponds by Jefferson were frozen as well as the few small private lakes. Winters just a few weeks away.

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Nice Dave! Jeff is BRUTAL

·
Registered
9,161 Posts
Shouldn't be long until it's iced over. It's definitely not too deep. All of the beaver ponds by Jefferson were frozen as well as the few small private lakes. Winters just a few weeks away.
A few days. Peep the forecast.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Nice report. I was laughing when I read about your experience at Jeff. Sounds exactly like a trip I had up there a few years ago. I did the same thing, wait in the parking lot for a while, try to fish for a bit and decide that it's not worth it and go fish somewere else. Stipid wind!

·
Registered
9,161 Posts
Nice report. I was laughing when I read about your experience at Jeff. Sounds exactly like a trip I had up there a few years ago. I did the same thing, wait in the parking lot for a while, try to fish for a bit and decide that it's not worth it and go fish somewere else. Stipid wind!
Guilty of that too. Sometimes I cave and just fish the cove. If the wind is blowing, if you can cast out your lures.... It can be very productive.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts