Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, it's late, and I was just wondering :D

1) If there are a school of fish near your hole, and you release one back down, would it spook the rest? I realize if the fish swimming back in a little paniced, wouldn't be much more noticable than seeing it fight before brining it up..? I've read that Bass can tell when another is stressed. Would releasing a fish in hole 10/20 feet a way make a difference? Probably not in Colorados clear water..

2) When fishing w/ more people fairley close, it seems it would be better to be using the same jigs, spoons or tubes? Spoons or tubes may look like a school of the same type of fish/minnow, jigs, like some kind of bugs/tiny minnows? Seems it woul be better (more realistic) than having 4 or 6 all different jigs, spoons, tubes?

Again, I was just curious. I'm not going to make anyone walk 50 feet away to relaease a fish, or demand everyone fishing close to me tie on the same stuff ;)

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
It is ok to release the fish down the same hole if you stand on one foot and put your hand over your heart and denounce any allegiance to the Detroit Red Wings at the top of your lungs with your eyes closed and head tilted back...

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Actually I dont think you need to worry on either account...you should be good...

I know people that think blade baits through the ice for walleyes either turn them off or send them running for the hills so they use them as a last resort...

And I know laker guys that everyone uses a tube jig and doesnt f'ing freelance to other lures...through the ice or in the boat...they only go to spoons or other lures as a last resort...but we are talking fish in excess of 20 pounds here...

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
i think that having too many lures hanging down there all at the same time wont really spook small fish but when you are talking lunkers of any species i think they are pretty damn spooky, especially in shallower water, deeper, murkier water i would bet not so much...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts