Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Havn't posted in a while. Hit up Spinney the last two weekends thinking it may close before Thanksgiving this year. Salteetube and I got into them pretty good, from shore and the float tube. Mostly jigging, tubes or various jigs. Extremely foggy this Saturday, but turned into a great day in the afternoon.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone, I had the best luck right after the gates open, the first hour or so at sunup. During the day the bite was sporadic.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Wow, I cant wait! heading out today with some people up to the dream stream for a weekend drinking trip. Maybe get a little fishin in while were there. Probably too late for the kokanee's but I'm hoping for some good browns and a couple of swine-bows. Thanks for the pics, been so long since I've fished that area I forgot what they look like!

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Wow, I cant wait! heading out today with some people up to the dream stream for a weekend drinking trip. Maybe get a little fishin in while were there. Probably too late for the kokanee's but I'm hoping for some good browns and a couple of swine-bows. Thanks for the pics, been so long since I've fished that area I forgot what they look like!
I fished the dream this past weekend after getting a few on pb at eleven mile. Got a couple decent bows on a black streamer along with a couple nice Kokanee.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Ok, im back! So we were pretty much at the inlet to 11 mile, going up stream about 2 miles to the parking area at the bridge. The further up to and past Spiny it gets more and more iced over. Towards 11 mile only has some build up at the banks. Estimating water temp at 35-37 (no thermometer..) Fished with a brass head woolly bugger with a bit of orange in it and caught 20+ inch rainbows. Leach pattern brought in some browns. I never caught anything smaller than 14 inches in the 3 days we were there. Salmon and Browns were still spawning and hanging out up by the bridge where the little dam is- Saw some well over 24 inch long but didnt get any. You probably need some little eggs (size 18 natural color) for any of those monsters.

Though it was only in the 30's, and the wind was kickin at up to 25 mph, and my line and tip kept icing up every couple minutes, it was an awesome time, lots of good seams and pocket waters.
But again- heading north of spiny, it pretty much gets frozen over with very little to no visible running water. Sorry, no pics- I was in the water and didnt want to drop my phone again- just got it replaced from my last trip!

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Cool! Nice report. I wanted to get one more trip up there this weekend but the weather kept me home. Oh well.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts