Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There's no time like spring, whether you're on Cherry Creek, Prewitt or Sterling or anywhere really! Man May and June are just the funnest times.

I couldn't figure out the walleye like my friend did with only 4 comparing to his numbers. But the crappie were working out quite well. Strange we were getting the crappie on 4 inch swimbaits. Anyway here is the haul with a video. :)

·
Registered
16,652 Posts
Good job. Yeah walleyes are SHALLOW post-spawn. They're hungry. Got all ours in 6 ft or less. The craps are hiding from me lately.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good job. Yeah walleyes are SHALLOW post-spawn. They're hungry. Got all ours in 6 ft or less. The craps are hiding from me lately.
I didn't expect any females. I rarely catch a female post spawn, but then again never really tried to get to areas they might be in. The crappie were a pure luck thing for me. I just threw whatever I could at them.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Hey Dr, looks like Slayer is rubbing off on you. You never used to keep fish (or post) like that :cool:. this is a fun time of the year.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Dr, looks like Slayer is rubbing off on you. You never used to keep fish (or post) like that :cool:. this is a fun time of the year.
Yea, most people I talk to say “gross, how can you eat fish, they taste fishy” I laugh at those statements first of duh, tastes fishy because their fish and secondly walleye does not and is why I enjoy eating it, I’m not big into the fish that taste like fish. I hear crappie is even better.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Looks like a fun day! (y)

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks like a fun day! (y)
Have you been getting out lately? The night bite seems to be pretty good at all these metro lakes. The morning for me has had better success between 5:30 to 7am. I like to fish before work.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts