Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There's no time like spring, whether you're on Cherry Creek, Prewitt or Sterling or anywhere really! Man May and June are just the funnest times.

I couldn't figure out the walleye like my friend did with only 4 comparing to his numbers. But the crappie were working out quite well. Strange we were getting the crappie on 4 inch swimbaits. Anyway here is the haul with a video. :)

·
Registered
16,500 Posts
Good job. Yeah walleyes are SHALLOW post-spawn. They're hungry. Got all ours in 6 ft or less. The craps are hiding from me lately.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good job. Yeah walleyes are SHALLOW post-spawn. They're hungry. Got all ours in 6 ft or less. The craps are hiding from me lately.
I didn't expect any females. I rarely catch a female post spawn, but then again never really tried to get to areas they might be in. The crappie were a pure luck thing for me. I just threw whatever I could at them.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Hey Dr, looks like Slayer is rubbing off on you. You never used to keep fish (or post) like that :cool:. this is a fun time of the year.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Dr, looks like Slayer is rubbing off on you. You never used to keep fish (or post) like that :cool:. this is a fun time of the year.
Yea, most people I talk to say “gross, how can you eat fish, they taste fishy” I laugh at those statements first of duh, tastes fishy because their fish and secondly walleye does not and is why I enjoy eating it, I’m not big into the fish that taste like fish. I hear crappie is even better.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts