Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Only the prepubescents wanted my offerings today. Threw big threw small and not a single fish over 12" but caught 12 eyes and 16 crappie and one gill. Action is action! Clown if you need to. I had a fun day :)

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I agree. I'd rather be casting and bring something in than casting with no payoff.

Oh and your signature is pretty good man

·
Registered
67 Posts
Nice! I would take a day like that anytime over my last day. I fished all day on Sunday at 11 mile and got nothin. Ran over to Monument just to see if I could get a taste and I caught a dink LM. Paid dearly for it. The mosquitoes had me for dinner.

·
Banned
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
PHP:
Nice! I would take a day like that anytime over my last day. I fished all day on Sunday at 11 mile and got nothin. Ran over to Monument just to see if I could get a taste and I caught a dink LM. Paid dearly for it. The mosquitoes had me for dinner.
Ive been to the mile in the middle of summer at dusk and walked down by the bank once when i was younger and you could hear millions of skeeters in the distance. As you got closer to the water it was like a plague. There was no way you could get to the bank it was that thick and that many. No trout is worth a calamine lotion bath to me. It was insane.

As for the fishing yesterday i rigged up a 4'6" ultra light with a orange fly fishing bubble and some smelt and just popped it around :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts