Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When you fish whenever you get the chance, not all trips are epic. They're usually all fun though :thumb:

Took the kids out for a short trip. It was the first day it hadn't been freezing in awhile. Still pretty cold though. While there, the photographer for our local paper walked by, and stopped to take pictures. I was glad to land a small Brookie as he was taking photos. The picture made the cover.

---------------I'll continue this in replies so I don't run out of time------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Still very cold, but made an open water attempt. No fish, but good times with the kids

The skunk stunk, but still a nice time

-----------------------I'll continue in replies-------------------------------------

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Super Bowl Sunday (sorry to bring up a painful memory...)

Would be my only chance to fish, so drove to a spot to try my luck. Saw Bighorn Sheep on the way which is always cool. Caught a lot of small Perch and Rainbow Trout, but not what I was after. Isabella also caught (watching her catch was the highlight of the day) The other highlight was when Kara came back from shopping. Brining us a Broncos picnic. :biggrin1: Raced home, only to watch the massacre (I mean game). Anyway, here are pictures...

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This was more recent. Tried one spot and nothing, but did see fish. Tried this spot with jerk baits, nothing. Switched to tube jigs, and slammed them. I was stoked as these were my first fish from this lake since the flood. The fish were thin, but they always are here. I caught 7 in less than an hour, without moving much.

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks pistoldog!

I'll add this. At the ISE (International Sportsman's Expo). I learned a lot from speakers like Chad LaChance and Aaron Kerchner. Another speaker did a seminar on ice fishing. He showed the benefits of using a slip bobber (even opposed to a spring bobber which I've always used). I tried the slip bobber in the first ice post in this thread. Worked well! Again in the SBS post I used it. Really impressed by the technique. Since then I've used it in deeper water, and found it's really the way to go...

Also, I have at least a couple more ice post coming, that will be better.

Thanks for reading!

·
Registered
24,634 Posts
That is so kewl James...you and your kiddos front page!

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
That's awesome you guys got on the news paper! You got frame a copy. Nice post and pics dude. Tight lines.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts