Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I caught this guy today ( a decent sized 14" bass) and noticed that he hadn't swallowed his previous meal all the way before deciding to nail my senko.

Isn't it rude to shovel food into your mouth before you've finished the last bite?

Sorry about the photo but I didn't want to mess around with trying to put my camera on macro while this guy was trying to breathe air.

I highlighted the tail sticking out of his throat in paint so you can see it a little better.

enjoy.

Here is the undoctored image

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
That's a cool pic.

Greedy little fish.

I was out on horsetooth a while back and my friend was using minnows. He caught the same walleye 6 times. Each time he had the previous minnow in his mouth. After he caught him the last time he spit all 6 minnows in the boat and stopped biting.

·
Registered
238 Posts
nice bass famer ted!!!  I too have interrupted a bass during his/her meal.  Its crazy...the fish must be thinking "even though I still havnt even swallowed my first quarter pounder, I think Im going to start on my second."

The background looks familiar too....is there a picnic table that is slowly falling down a steep angle to your left?

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
I thought I recognized the background as well.

I see you're using the wacky rig every one is telling me to use.

Maybe I'll be there tommorrow before work.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, there is is a picnic table at this location ;). Just be sure you put them back so we can share the fun.

The senko is actually just rigged 'tex-posed' (texas style with the point exposed) it may look like a wacky rig because when the bass hit it, it messed it all up.

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
a couple of years ago at Chatfield, I caught a smallie that could not completely swallow a crayfish and the claws were hanging out the throat into the mouth..........kinda looked like a last ditch effort to be rescued!

Dan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts