Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was able to get away from the grind yesterday to my favorite Colorado troutstream...the Lake Fork of the Gunnison River near Lake City. The river was a bit higher than I like at 418 cfs, which made the river difficult to cross in certain sections, but was colored Gunny Green, which is just perfect. The river was uncharacteristically uncrowded for a Friday during the summer and I was able to fish Thomas Ranch, Big Eddy, Big Bend, High Bridge and at the confluence with Henson Creek in Lake City.

I simply love to nymph, and used a #10 brown/black Pat's Rubberlegs with a #16 Prince Nymph trailer all day long...never had to change. My son used a Parachute Adams all day long and probably outfished me, although I hooked up on more big fish as would be expected utilizing nymphs. We landed several dozen fish, with the biggest fish being a 17" 'bow, but I got broke off on bigger fish more times than I'd care to admit. In fairness to me, I ran out of 4x tippit and had to settle for 5x, which is a little wimpy for this river. All in all, other than losing several good fish, it was a great day on a great river.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Nice! Pretty brown and that river pic is awesome! I'd love to fish that sometime!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts