Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this on another site. Instead of spending 4-10$ a pop for basspro's rod wraps http://tinyurl.com/ll42o just goto a place like Walmart and get some wraps for tennis. I went to the Walmart in Parker and they had some on clearence. 10 for $.99

Just a tip :)

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]

·
Registered
431 Posts
does that stuff realy help you? I think you could either buy it for tennis like you said but also baseball ie bats, golf, and somthing elese but its not coming to me.

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats true. I never thought of that. Although I think the stuff they use for baseball and golf is more on the hard side as where the tennis stuff is really soft.

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Another thing that I've learned to do over the years-adding weight to the butt end of the rod to counterbalance it.  That way the rod is balanced and not tip heavy-it kind of floats in your hand and seems lighter.  It makes it more sensitive and you don't get fatigued holding a rod on those 12 hr. days.  It really does work.  BPS sells the system but you can do your own with quarters and some tape.

·
Registered
593 Posts
The tennis wraps are way too thick, reduces the sensitivity of the rod. Just try the Rod Wrap for half a day and the the tennis wrap for the rest of the day. You will realize the Rod Wrap is far better.

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The ones I got are paper thin. I havnt fished with it yet but i really like the way it feels so far. And @ 10 for $1.00 I tihnk ill stick with the cheap-o's

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts